March 28, 2024, 04:24:44 pm

Pixels 2015 Movie

Started by NintendoKing, March 20, 2015, 11:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshyBoshy

Apparently, Toru Iwatani was in the background during the intro sequence.

Shumi Nagaremono

I didn't hate this. 

I think the biggest flaw with the film is that it's a movie where Kevin James and Adam Sandler basically play either themselves or the same characters they've been playing for years.  But, that's not necessarily a *bad* thing.  I mean "Happy Gilmore" and "Billy Madison" were basically the same character and those were both pretty good. 

There were some genuine laughs in there.  The cast (outside of Sandler/James) was tremendous.  The Iwatani actor was great.  The soundtrack was amazing.  Tyrion as an evil Billy Mitchell totally nailed every scene he was in. 

The cheat code thing was offputting, but I just took it as he wrote down the patterns, like a cheat sheet, rather than a Contra-Code type thing.

It doesn't take itself too seriously, but it's not some huge slam against retro games and the people who love them.  The more outlandish stuff makes sense in the context of the movie, even if it may not in "real life". 

I'd give it a solid 3/5.  It's what Little Nicky was to heavy metal and what the Waterboy was to college football.  A fun 90 minutes with a lot of goofy stuff and a few legit laughs. 

hippy dave

It's definitely a shitty Adam Sandler movie, and it had some really dire aspects, but I watched it for the retro video game stuff, and I enjoyed that side of it.

FamicomFreak

I still haven't seen this movie but will pick it up especially when it's out at red box
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

FAMICOM_87

they did not put "Battle City" in that movie , so no hope to be good film  :D  :gamer: :crazy: