Advices for change controllers

Started by Costin, March 21, 2015, 01:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Costin

Hello,
Today I found in my grandma's house my first console, Video Game System Liko KL-235 but the joysticks are broken :( .

I want to repair the console, so I need new controllers.
Unfortunately, no plugs for them.
The question is: how can I install SNES controllers or any controller for my Liko KL-235?
I think that is not a good idea to cut the wire from my controller and from a SNES controller and tie the wire with SNES.
Thank you

NintendoKing

Are the pads under the buttons just worn out? If some I'm sure they could be replace for cheap.

Costin

To work, I have to push very hard and most of times doesn't work.
I've made now some photos:
The 'hardware' of controller:

Start button :

aha2940

Most of the time, the famiclones (as yours) have the same pinout as the original famicom. You can try to get an original famicom, strip its controllers and put the elsctronic parts inside your gamepads. You will have no turbo function (original famicom does not have turbos) but it will work. Or you can get NES gamepads, cut the connector and use them with your famiclone.  Question: can you post pics of the board? that way we can help more effectvely.

regards.

NintendoKing

As suspected the pads are worn out, those could be replaced. :)

Costin

Where can I buy them?
A link...or if someone has for sale, I can pay with paypal :D
Thank you

NintendoKing

I only have 2 start/select pads but 7 AB pads and 8 directional pads.

Do you want two full sets?

SukkoPera

@gremlin: those look the same as the nes's, right? I would need one AB shipped to Italy. Please PM me if possible.

Costin

Controller nr. 2 doesn't have start/select.
So, I need 1 start/select, 2 directional pads, 4 A/B. Or at least a complete set for first controller.
If you can help me  ;D , would be great! PM me for details.
Thank you so much!

NintendoKing

After you receive the replacements, I also recommend wiping all the contacts on the controllers where the pads touch clean with antiseptic rubbing alcohol because finger grease can also cause connection issues. :)

Costin

The Uninvited Gremlin, thank you so much  ;D .
Today I changed the pads and now my controllers works great!  :gamer:

I found that more than half of my carts do not work.
Should I clean with antiseptic rubbing alcohol the carts contacts, too?
Next days I will clean all the dust on my famiclone.

FrankWDoom

that's a good start. some q-tips/cotton swabs and isopropyl alcohol go a long way. you can also wet the contacts of a cart with alcohol and pop it in and out of the cart slot as an improvised cleaning cart. clean and dry the contacts afterward, and pop it in and out a few times again and clean the cart again. give the cart slot a few minutes to dry before using it.

NintendoKing

Quote from: Costin on April 09, 2015, 11:10:06 am
The Uninvited Gremlin, thank you so much  ;D .
Today I changed the pads and now my controllers works great!  :gamer:

I found that more than half of my carts do not work.
Should I clean with antiseptic rubbing alcohol the carts contacts, too?
Next days I will clean all the dust on my famiclone.

I am so glad that your problem was fully fixed and you are very welcome my friend. :)
I'd appreciate positive feedback posted http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=5755.

Yes, clean all the contacts of each cart with rubbing alcohol then use a clean pencil eraser on them and wipe them again with the alcohol.