Twin Famicom Turbo Disk problems, Please Help

Started by gamemaster14, April 05, 2015, 08:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gamemaster14

I purchased a Twin Famicom Turbo off of ebay. The cartridge part worked just fine, I was unable to test the disk part until around a month later since it took so long to get my disk game in the mail.

I inserted the disk and only got a buzz noise. So I ordered a new belt and today I tried replacing the belt. At first I was getting a error 21, tried cleaning the head with alcohol and saw no change. I noticed the belt was twisted, so I took everything back apart, untwisted the belt and put it back together again.

Now the disk drive will not power at all, the drive head will not move and the disc does not spin. Could I have broken something? Is there a common thing that may have been disconnected that could be easily fixed? Any help would be appreciated.

fredJ

Maybe some cable you didn't plug in properly.

Also possible the drive is stuck for some reason.

You say "it doesn't power". What does that mean? Do you see the FDS start screen? If you only get a grey picture, maybe it is because of the switch that closes the hatch isn't proper.

Also, don't forget there is a cable from the top part of the turbo twin that attaches to the motherboard...although I don't think it has any purpose...
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com