Replacement decals for the entire original Famicom and $5 Disk System Belts

Started by NintendoKing, April 11, 2015, 07:41:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

http://retroraiderjapan.weebly.com/store/p159/Famicom_decal_%2F_controller_restoration_kit.html

I ordered a set, and you can too.

zmaster18

I've seen these before, but my concern is that the gold decals won't be as metallic. Please post some pics when you receive them!!

NintendoKing

I definitely will, even if they are less metallic it's still better then ugly worn looking controllers... At least to me.

BaconBitsKing

NintendoKing

April 11, 2015, 03:20:19 pm #4 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:00:45 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
Awesome! Yea it will basically make a Famicom look prestine after a retrobrite treatment.

jpx72

Cool item! But I also doubt the golden controller decals are printed on metal (aluminium or whatever the original was) plate, they look plastic. Let us know if it's really worth when you receive them! :)
Awesome place by the way, FDS belst for 5usd free shipping? Cool!

NintendoKing

Heh that's true, but we will see the result soon.

zmaster18

Looks good so far. Are the Power/Reset stickers printed on transparent or white sticker? And how shiny are the gold decals compared to your Hudson controller?

NintendoKing

They are clear decals, also the controller decals are actually pretty shiny looking.

xIceMan

NintendoKing

xIceMan

Heh, yeah. This is my 3rd attempt and luckily my best one so far. I didn't even use retrobright's ingredients at all. We have a liquid oxy cleaner here in Germany that does the job for me. Costs around 1,59€. ;) Weather was sunny yesterday and I couldn't resist trying it again. Result is aweosme.

NintendoKing

retroraiderjapan

Hi all, this is Brian from Retro Raider Japan - I am working on a second run of these decals, and am thinking of using the "famicom family" variant this time around.

I am also considering a slightly smaller outer cut for a better fit, and this time, a brushed metal finish on all the gold parts, making it look even closer to the original finish!

If you have any feedback, I would love to hear from you, and would like to thank everyone that ordered from me.

Thanks!