What does Arkanoid II use for saving edits?

Started by FrankWDoom, April 16, 2015, 11:30:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Page 19 definitely mentions the keyboard and a tape recorder:

ファミコン本体へキーボード、テープレコーダーをそれぞれ接続し、テープレコーダにカセットテープをセットします。

Which is roughly:

Connect the keyboard to the Famicom expansion port, connect the tape recorder to the keyboard, then set a cassette tape into the tape recorder.

P

Great! That's seven titles that use tape recorder saving. I'd bet there are more.

UglyJoe

Do you see anything unusual on page 20 in regards to loading?  I'm curious if there's some extra steps that need to be done and if those are keeping emulation from working.

P

I see nothing special (except that LOAD becomes ROAD several times in the text ;D). I suspect the emulator is at fault.

Vinnk

Hey guys.  Picked up an Arkanoid II with controller and I have a data recorder.  Work is busy this week but I'll try it out next week.
My internet TV show [Famicom Dojo] www.famicomdojo.tv   My Japanese Retro Game Store https://japanretrodirect.ocnk.com

MaxXimus

Sounds good. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

P

Family BASIC unpacked I made an Arkanoid II level (I wrote "TEST" in bricks) and saved it to a tape. No errors (if the game even has any error messages). But then I tried to load it and it loaded a scrambled version of my level (I could make out the "T" in the scrambles). Maybe Arkanoid II's tape routines aren't very well programmed. I loaded a Family BASIC program a minute before on the other side of the same tape.