March 28, 2024, 04:05:43 am

Yooka-Laylee!

Started by nintendodork, May 03, 2015, 10:49:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Kind of surprised no one has posted about this yet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

The campaign began just this month, still has 43 days to go and has already soared past its initial goal of £175,000 (it's currently at £1,293,166). Contributing £10 gets you a PC download, £15 gets you a console download and there are many more rewards above that. The team behind it makes the whole thing look very promising. One cool thing I think might appeal to the crowd here is their £1,100,000 stretch goal: an N64 shader mode, which I can only assume means N64-esque polygons in HD!

What are your thoughts? I gave them £15 because I want another good Wii U game besides the few that my roommates and I cycle through constantly.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nintendodork

No one?! Surely someone here is interested in the creations of Rare's heyday employees.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

zmaster18

I honestly don't like the character designs at all.

L___E___T

It looked a bit like a bunk Banjo Kazooie to me :(

I also really don't like the character designs - however I'll pick it up and play through when it's released.  I don't back anything on Kickstarter, you get my money when I get the goods :D
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I never liked Rare's wacky character design to be honest. And this one really does nothing for me.

Mo-hd

AMAZING! I'm so excited!!  :fire: :fire: :fire:

This is my first game i support through kickstarter. ;D
Hopefully it becomes a big success, we need more quality 3D platformers!

nintendodork

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the character designs either, but gameplay is what it's all about. I figured $23 for at least a decent (but probably pretty good) Wii U game is worth it (and my name will be in the credits)!