Problem with Nintendo Famiclone AV ports

Started by raziel90, May 15, 2015, 10:14:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

raziel90

Hello friends , a friend of mine gift me his old console nintendo MT 999 DX famiclone . The problem is that on AV ports dont show picture and the tv says NO Signal , i tryed with RF cable on RF switch port and it works on RF but on AV ports with AV cable doesnt :( . I checked for bad soldered and everything is corectly with the boards . Please tell me how can i slove this problem what should i do more ? Thank you soo much.

P.S i tried On Tube screen tv and LCD screen tv bouth
Nintendo NES addict ^^

jpx72

Maybe its just dirty connector? Or try a different cable, try switching audio with video, may be wrongly marked.

aha2940

The good news is that AFAIK, the composite video is the signal that is converted to RF, so if your Famicom shows RF fine, that means all is working, and the problem should be easy to fix. Start following the traces from the pin 22 of the PPU (video output) and yoou will find the problem.

Regards.

number47

I have seen some 90s clones that have composite but it's not connected.

raziel90

But my console is Cloning of Famicom its completely different on inside . It has 3 plates soldered with ribbon cable
Nintendo NES addict ^^

number47

Can you add one pic of the other side of power/video board?

aha2940

This seems to be a NOAC (Nintendo On A Chip). no way a complete discrete Famicom can be fit on a board that size. That can make the fix harder, but I am still pretty confident this can be fixed.

Regards.