The Truth about Mario (According to my Girlfriend)

Started by fcgamer, May 16, 2015, 05:12:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

I was talking to my girlfriend tonight, and the following conversation just went down:

GF:  Did you see they have the new promotion at 7-11 for the Hello Kitty products?

FCG:  Yeah, I wish they would have some promotions with Mario or something.  They just did a Hello Kitty promotion two or three months ago.

GF:  But Mario's not popular here.

FCG:  Why not?  He still seems to have a following in Japan.  I remember hearing they had the coffee promotion there.

GF:  Hmm, I'm not sure.  Well, Mario's a Mexican, right?

FGC:  Um no, he's Italian.

GF:  Oh...I thought he was a Mexican.  And then there is Princess Peach.  I never really liked her.  She seemed like the type of girl that would bully you in high school.

FCG:  Oh you mean because she is a blonde, er, or a red head. 

GF:  Yeah, she is a blonde.

FCG:  But in many pics she is portrayed as a redhead.

GF:  How is that?

FCG:  I don't know, maybe she dyes her hair.

GF:  Wait a minute, so she gets to be in a dungeon, and she also has the ability to dye her hair?!?!  Where does she live, anyway?

FCG:  She lives in the Mushroom Kingdom.

GF:  Oh, Mushroom Kingdom.  So, why does Mario like her then?  Why does he like Peach?

FCG/GF (thinking together):  Oh no, Mario doesn't like girls with yeast infections, I hope.  Ewwwww.

GF:  And tell me about Luigi.  Who is he, Mario's friend?

FCG:  Well he is Mario's brother.  That is why they are called the Mario Bros.

GF:  Ohhhhh.  I thought they were called "bros" like when you go to friends and call them your "bros".

FCG:  Oh, haha, it's because they are brothers.

GF:  Yeah, and then there are the new characters added for the Mario Kart game.  There is that mushroom with a diaper, and an egg, and the green guy and...

FCG:  I used to like playing Mario Kart with my brother.  We always played that game.  When did you play it?

GF:  I played it on the DS. 

FCG:  Well I played the TV version.

GF:  Oh, you mean the X Box version?

FCG:  Err...well...yeah, something like that.

---

I really learned so many new facts about Mario during this conversation.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

zmaster18

Haha I love these! My GF also thinks this is funny stuff. Girls... :)

MaxXimus

That's pretty funny haha. My wife's friend (who were living with at the moment) 's son thinks Mario is Mexican as well. I told him "no, he's Italian" and he said "well he has a Mexican mustache."

zmaster18

When I was like 3 or 4 years old, when I played my first Nintendo game Mario Kart 64, my dad and I thought when he said "Let's-a-go!" it was actually "Mex-i-co!".

fcgamer

Quote from: zmaster18 on May 17, 2015, 06:16:32 am
When I was like 3 or 4 years old, when I played my first Nintendo game Mario Kart 64, my dad and I thought when he said "Let's-a-go!" it was actually "Mex-i-co!".

My brother and I also thought that, for the longest time ;)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

P

Haha well he seems to become a mexican at one point in the Super Mario Bros: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Daisakusen! movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCTzNGFjxU&t=2m25s

9mmVT

o.pwuaioc

I weep for humanity. My wife also thought Mario was Mexican, and specifically during Mario Kart 64 thought he said "Mexico!" and "Let's-a go!"  :mario:

Mo-hd

Quote from: fcgamer on May 16, 2015, 05:12:51 am

GF:  Oh, you mean the X Box version?

FCG:  Err...well...yeah, something like that.

it strange to say that.  ;D Once I went to my friend, and he actually have mario kart 64 and played it in his X-Box! also he has Mario 64
at the time i was thinking what happing to Nin did they have a deal with microsoft or somthing i was confusion.

Later find out it just an emulator put in a CD with mario kart 64 so you can play Nin64 Games Ha-ha!  ;D