March 28, 2024, 03:36:18 am

Bad Day Thread

Started by hvc01, May 16, 2015, 05:33:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvc01

I thought I would share my start to a dreary Sunday.

Having awoken early around 7am I decided to get up and put something up on the cupboard by stepping on my bed. I knew it was there but I was very careful standing up on the bed. My twin famicom that is. It was sitting on the bed. As I stepped back down I decided to avoid standing on this beautiful piece of gaming history and fall through the pane glass window adjacent to the bed shattering all the glass. It would have been cheaper to stand on the twin famicom in hindsight.  :upsetroll:

So then I decided I would go and get a coffee and upon returning I decided I might play some ffiii which I am about half way through. I was looking through some famicom stuff earlier and I happened to find a nice power adapter I thought I would try. I think I provided the cartridge with the wrong polarity. Everything works but now I have to start again as an onion kid after all the savegames have been erased.  :upsetroll:

I am now thinking twice about desoldering the ppu on the twin famicom in order to go for RGB mod.  :-\

Well wish me luck.

If a thread doesn't already exist feel free to use this thread to report on any shenanigans you might like to report just to give everyone a bit of a laugh.

It feels good to laugh at yourself sometimes.

HVC01

mrtselevel

Good luck with the mod.  Did you get hurt at all from shattering the glass?

jpx72

You did the best by saving the twin!
Glass can be replaced. Famicom is no longer made. It's all about the priorities. Recently I stepped on a metal screw just to avoid stepping on my controller. Damn I have such a mess in my play room ;D

Jedi Master Baiter

I would take a shot for a Twin Famicom anyday! ;D (no, I wouldn't)

Today, someone tried buying Atlanta Hawks tickets using my debit card. :diskkun:

God! What has the world come to trying to steal from my poor ass! Seriously, just this year, 5 fraudulent charges, and a scam. If people only realized, I'm trying to create jobs here. This is what I get for trying to be nice? I'd hate to see what would happen if I were an asshole.

zmaster18

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 20, 2015, 06:08:07 pm
I would take a shot for a Twin Famicom anyday! ;D (no, I wouldn't)

Today, someone tried buying Atlanta Hawks tickets using my debit card. :diskkun:

God! What has the world come to trying to steal from my poor ass! Seriously, just this year, 5 fraudulent charges, and a scam. If people only realized, I'm trying to create jobs here. This is what I get for trying to be nice? I'd hate to see what would happen if I were an asshole.

How the dump did someone get a hold of your card? Did you lose it?

Jedi Master Baiter

They used the card number online, not the card itself. The only places online that I use my card are PayPal, Nelnet, Childfund, and Patreon. I wonder who the culprit is? 

I don't really care to find out. I'm going old-fashioned send a check from now on.

hvc01

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 20, 2015, 11:23:37 pm
They used the card number online, not the card itself. The only places online that I use my card are PayPal, Nelnet, Childfund, and Patreon. I wonder who the culprit is? 

I don't really care to find out. I'm going old-fashioned send a check from now on.

That sucks! Now in Australia (and probably elsewhere) for purchases under 100bucks don't need sig or pin. I wonder how long this takes to be abused?

Anyway back to the twin famicom I almost stepped on. I have it working with a plug in ppu now just awaiting the rgb board so day wasn't a complete loss. I thought something was messed up with the inputs but I have since found a wire had come loose and resoldered that back on and all good now.