Can Anyone Find A Mint Copy of Wizards & Warriors III?

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, May 18, 2015, 08:16:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Seriously, scouring on eGay, every loose copy I find either has the label torn, discoloration, water damage, or a combination of the three. Did everyone who once owned this game hate it or what?

I eventually bought a "good condition" copy and immediately after opening the package I noticed the top label torn and peeling. I mean, come on, man! This is something I'm planning on keeping next to my other mint W&W games. The least you can do is mention anything not in the photo is shit or something so I won't buy it and return it. >:( Gawd, I hate that!

SKIP THE BULLSHIT DRAMA:

I'm tired of looking for a mint, loose copy of this game at a decent price. Anyone come across one? Or have one to sell? THX ALOT!

nerdynebraskan

First of all, "eGay"? Really? You've been alive for three decades. Drop the homophobia and grow up.

As for W&W 3, good luck on finding a minty one. I have one in my collection, but it's the only copy I've seen (out of about 10 over the years) that was anywhere close to this nice. Those late Acclaim/LJN games, after Nintendo let them start manufacturing their own carts, are built as cheaply as their games were developed. Their labels are about as flimsy as the second-rate unlicensed stuff like AVE, and the glue almost seems to be dissolving them from below on several specimens I've seen. Factor in that most of those labels are on simple, white backgrounds and any flaws are going to show up really easily.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 24, 2015, 11:10:49 am
First of all, "eGay"? Really? You've been alive for three decades. Drop the homophobia and grow up.

You're right. I shouldn't make fun of gay people by associating them with eBay. :-[

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 24, 2015, 11:10:49 am
Those late Acclaim/LJN games, after Nintendo let them start manufacturing their own carts, are built as cheaply as their games were developed.

I never knew that. So is that why Acclaim games have their own back label? That's good to know. By the way, I found a near-mint copy. The only thing it has is some VOID residue from a sticker someone removed. :-\

Nightstar699

Your struggle reminds me of Chip N Dale 1 on the Famicom, for some reason I just cannot find it CIB in any sort of decent shape for the life of me. There's one on eBay, one on YHJ, and they're both in awful condition. And I've been checking every day for a while now, it's pretty annoying.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nerdynebraskan

Yeah. Virgin, Sunsoft, and Hi-Tech (of all companies!) got to manufacture their own carts at the very end of the NES era too. Batman: Return of the Joker even uses the same kind of proprietary chips that were so taboo in North America for most of the era.

See for yourself:
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=657
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551