Crazy stupid stuff your parents told you as a kid

Started by zmaster18, May 27, 2015, 01:40:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zmaster18

Today I was thinking of some really dumb things my parents tried telling me when I was young.

First of all, having short hair gets you better grades. (My family doesn't like my long hair, even though it's really not that long. My gf loves it though  :D )

Next, when I was a teen trying to get jobs they said having pimples won't get you hired or even get you fired. I never had bad acne as a teen, but my bro did. We both got hired multiple times however.

They wonder why I don't take their advice seriously, since they say crazy crap like that.

Jedi Master Baiter

The tooth fairy. I'm still waitin' fo' my damn money, bitch! >:(

P

My dad once gave me a common mushroom and told me that I would get big if I ate it. Since I wanted to get big fast, I immediately ate it only half believing it, and then I was a bit disappointed that nothing happened. It was only later that I realized that it was a Mario joke.

MaxXimus

Well, if you eat a red mushroom with white spots known as Amanita Muscaria, you can experience Micropsia and Macropsia as effects, basically making it seem as though everything around you has either grown or shrunk making you appear much larger or smaller depending on which effect you are experiencing. Sounds a lot like the mushroom in SMB, doesn't it?

My mom used to tell me that if I ate raw noodles that worms would grow in my stomach.

L___E___T

Max I've had that before - from a hallucination (no mushrooms - I'm allergic to Aspirin)

My folks always used to say if you pull a funny face and the wind changes you'll be left stuck like that...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

I have had that effect as well, but mine was induced by mushrooms haha. Back 7 or 8 years ago. By chance are you allergic to vinegar as well? Asperin degrades in to acetic acid(I think?) which vinegar is partly made from.

I was told about my silly faces getting stuck as well haha.

number47

My uncle and grandpa told that to get your beard growing you have to rub your face with honey from the outside and with chicken sh*t from the inside. Honey will pull and sh*t will push the hair.