March 28, 2024, 03:30:33 pm

Yoshi's Wooly World

Started by UglyJoe, June 01, 2015, 07:13:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

It's a Yoshi game for the Wii U!

I'm really just starting this thread so that I can post this Famicom Yoshi skin:

But feel free to discuss the game in general!  The art style looks amazing, I think.

zmaster18

Where is that image from?? Is that actually in game or is that a mock-up?

UglyJoe

It's from the Nintendo Direct video, I think.  You can unlock different Yoshi skins in the game using Amiibo (and probably other methods?).

liquidco2

I've been looking forward to this game since I watched some early gameplay of it

I'm not really one for using amiibos or even collecting them But I assure you I'll have 4 yoshi amiibos
3 of each colour in a pack never to be opened and 1 to use and display right next to my wiiu!

I think the whole game style is amazing, it reminds me of little big planet which I always enjoyed

but it looks like it plays similar to the snes version (minus that annoying mario baby timer)

P

Yeah gameplay seems more similar to Yoshi Island than Yoshis Story. Yoshis Island was one of the best Super Famicom games, and I prefer it over Yoshis Story. The graphics are cool too. :yoshi:

nintendodork

I'm so excited for this game and this cool little feature. I wonder how the Famicom skin will be unlocked. I'm also really pumped for the Ness pattern. The Mario pattern scares me just a little bit, though.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

liquidco2

kinda bumping this up a little
just got my copy today,
I got the bundle pack with the amiibo I also got a blue, pink & and extra green amiibo to open and use

quick and dirty review:

if you liked yoshi's island but hated mario crying
this game is for you! tho I wasn't liking the amiibo in single player double yoshi was confusing
also button layout 2 / B is like the snes button layout

it feels highly polished I've only managed 5 levels due to
having no time to play today but the game is amazing.