Cover your loose FC/SNES/NES carts for cheap - save from dust - repro covers

Started by aarkay14, June 06, 2015, 06:44:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aarkay14

Quote from: L___E___T on August 18, 2015, 09:33:59 am
Fair enough - or you could have the art fir properly and feature a smaller KONAMI logo at the bottom and smaller bits at the top...

Ok, I tried , but it makes the above and below parts really small, please see if you want I can build it like this for you:

L___E___T

I see what you mean.  Here's my suggestion:

- Keep the main art illustration in this new size,
- but have the top header parts the size they were before
- (so move the main artwork illustration down),
- then overlap the bottom artwork a bit with the new reduced size Konami footer.  

It'll look similar, but not the same as the legit boxart, still keeping the main illustration mostly intact.

It'll also look markedly different to avoid any collector complaints (plus won't be gold, plus won't be full size)  8)

What do you think?  Anyone else's thoughts?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

kevkevkev

mine arrived yesterday. look great.
holy diver looks very nice in black. I guess its either a higher res scan or just the way black transfers to the paper.

to be honest I think it would be easier on alot of them to make It full size and just cut into 2 pieces before printing. rather than try to custom design and make them fit nice.

capnd77

These really look incredible! Well done brother, excited to get my hands on
These once they are complete. 

aarkay14

Quote from: L___E___T on August 19, 2015, 07:02:53 am

I see what you mean.  Here's my suggestion:

- Keep the main art illustration in this new size,
- but have the top header parts the size they were before
- (so move the main artwork illustration down),
- then overlap the bottom artwork a bit with the new reduced size Konami footer. 

It'll look similar, but not the same as the legit boxart, still keeping the main illustration mostly intact.

It'll also look markedly different to avoid any collector complaints (plus won't be gold, plus won't be full size)  8)

What do you think?  Anyone else's thoughts?

OK, I will try this and get back to you..

Post Merge: August 20, 2015, 03:31:30 am

Quote from: kevkevkev on August 19, 2015, 09:28:22 am
mine arrived yesterday. look great.
holy diver looks very nice in black. I guess its either a higher res scan or just the way black transfers to the paper.

to be honest I think it would be easier on alot of them to make It full size and just cut into 2 pieces before printing. rather than try to custom design and make them fit nice.

Hey.. That's great !! Show us the final boxes and carts inside.. :)

Post Merge: August 20, 2015, 03:31:49 am

Quote from: capnd77 on August 19, 2015, 01:48:13 pm
These really look incredible! Well done brother, excited to get my hands on
These once they are complete. 

Yup ! thanks.!

kevkevkev

On my instagram kevinyoung77 I used one side of a scissor blade to score the lines. Hard to judge getting it exact but i did ok.

aarkay14

Quote from: kevkevkev on August 20, 2015, 12:15:48 pm
On my instagram kevinyoung77 I used one side of a scissor blade to score the lines. Hard to judge getting it exact but i did ok.

very nicely done mate !!

L___E___T

If you have a blunt knife (like a butter or fish knife) that can also work as it doesn't cut into the card at all.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aarkay14

Hey L__E__T, please see the results below and let me know :

Post Merge: August 23, 2015, 10:31:25 pm

Quote from: kevkevkev on August 20, 2015, 12:15:48 pm

Heyy !! Whres the super famicom one ? RTYPE 3? How does it fit ?

-Rama

northbydefault

I updated my page on the spreadsheet and organized the boxes I want by level of priority. Thanks for adding the "completed page" to the spreadsheet!
everything i touch turns to sold

kevkevkev

Already on my mates instagram oldmanglover

fits nice. Looks ok without having to stretch the image. The castlevania tab needs to be at the back though.

aarkay14

Quote from: northbydefault on August 30, 2015, 09:28:22 am
I updated my page on the spreadsheet and organized the boxes I want by level of priority. Thanks for adding the "completed page" to the spreadsheet!

great ! thanx!!

Post Merge: September 04, 2015, 05:00:15 am

Quote from: kevkevkev on August 30, 2015, 04:28:47 pm
Already on my mates instagram oldmanglover

fits nice. Looks ok without having to stretch the image. The castlevania tab needs to be at the back though.

Yeah.. nice pic .. nice to know it fits nice!.. What is castlevania Tab? I didn't get it?

Post Merge: September 04, 2015, 05:23:15 am

Guys Guys Guys !! I need your help.. The REAR box art of Rockman 2 is not available in anywhere on the internet. So The close I could 'make' manually for the rear is this:

Can someone let me know what is written in the box and everything in Japanese..  I m really looooow level on Japanese and cannot translate this one.
Please heeelp !

- Rama

tonev

I can help with the boxes i have collected a lot of scanned boxes over the years I can even help with the rockman 2.btw aarkay14 cam you send me the template for snes cartidges?
I am back everyone :)

aarkay14

Quote from: tonev on September 18, 2015, 04:32:14 pm
I can help with the boxes i have collected a lot of scanned boxes over the years I can even help with the rockman 2.btw aarkay14 cam you send me the template for snes cartidges?

Hi tonev,

I actually do not have the full sized template (as I did not make it), its too big and difficult to print. I request you to kindly scan the cover art in 300 dpi and upload to some place.. It will be really good to get things done faster.. I am really stuck with a lot of unfinished covers..

- Rama

aarkay14

Hi All,

I am sorry but I guess I have to give up on this endeavor for re-creating the covers of the carts we love. This just takes too much time and effort to do this in much detail and currently I have other important things to take care of. I haven't been able to devote time to this so I thought its best to let it go, I don't know what I will do with the loads of card paper and lamination papers that I have bought for people :(

I am sorry once again, the last order I was making was for L__E__T and I shall send me what I have made... If I get time for this I will surely post here, but its not gonna happen sometime soon..

- Rama