Cover your loose FC/SNES/NES carts for cheap - save from dust - repro covers

Started by aarkay14, June 06, 2015, 06:44:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aarkay14

Next stop - Holy Diver !!

Post Merge: June 30, 2015, 05:44:59 am

HOLY DIVER!!

kevkevkev

Nice. such a great game. Shame i had to cheat to beat it. Did you do axelay?

L___E___T

Looks great - what's next on the list??  I need to get an order in pronto!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aarkay14

Hi All,

Sending out first order soon... the shipping will contain additional plastic A4 cover for protection and hardness:

This will add another 1.5 USD to the total order - If one you order only 1 sheet - I will add it inside the A4 cover, if there are multiple sheet I will add one on the front and one on the back protection on the whole package.

After spending many weeks this total idea is appearing to be too much effort and I figured that I am just not making any profit on this hence I am thinking to increase the price (in cents probably) for any new orders, please let me know your opinion on this.

- Rama

Post Merge: July 04, 2015, 02:42:13 am

And here we have another failed lamination:
LICKLE!!

aarkay14

^^

Investing in a new Photo printer to speed up the printing process.. orders will fly out sooner.. just wanted to update..

- Rama

liquidco2

I think upping the price a little wouldn't hurt you too much once my gimmick cover arrived I'll let you know how I get on...

aarkay14

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Hi aarkay14,
Nice work, I have one question.
Is the Same price for an order of 4 sheets or 20 sheets? (For example)

Thanks.

hvc01

I think increasing the price would send your profits further down. People shouldnt be expected to generate profit for you. If you had worked out a business plan beforehand then this probably wouldn't have happened. I'd figure out a way to cut costs or increase turnover. Possibly one way is you design the sleeves and have a printing place take care of the rest. If you do bulk orders your cost will be lower. But I'm still wondering if there is any demand to meet your profit margin. It might need to be put down to a poor business plan. But if you are doing it as a hobby to help other members the profit shouldn't matter. If it is a hobby of yours just make the sleeves and email them out as an image file and let the others take care of the costs. There are many options but I think if you are looking to profit there are probably better ways.

kevkevkev

He's not running a business though. But at the same time probably underestimated the demand and under estimated the cost and time it took. No point doing it just

aarkay14

WOW !!! ... Guys I am so sorry for the sudden disappearance but I just moved houses and was hell lotta busy !! My new printer has arrived... Prints will fly faster now...  AND  liquidco2 !!! That is freaking awesome !!!! Thank you so much for the display !! .. You have a really awesome collection ..!! This really has motivated me and there is a long weekend coming up .. I will clear up the things and get going to complete all orders...

I am so sorry again for the delay...

fcgamer

I must say that although I was skeptical at first, I think these covers look really, really nice.  In addition, I am quite impressed how the OP was willing to work with the concerns of some collectors as well, to be able to produce a product that looks and fits nicely in any sort of collection, yet is also easily distinguishable as a modern fan-made item.  I wish the folks over at NA would take a lesson from this guy, about how to find a balance that makes everyone happy, while still producing a quality product.  :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

liquidco2

Quote from: aarkay14 on July 16, 2015, 04:02:14 am
WOW !!! ... Guys I am so sorry for the sudden disappearance but I just moved houses and was hell lotta busy !! My new printer has arrived... Prints will fly faster now...  AND  liquidco2 !!! That is freaking awesome !!!! Thank you so much for the display !! .. You have a really awesome collection ..!! This really has motivated me and there is a long weekend coming up .. I will clear up the things and get going to complete all orders...

I am so sorry again for the delay...

That's only 1/2 of my collection but thanks :), gimmick now has a proper home and I'm really pleased with the box rama thank you so much!

Quote from: fcgamer on July 16, 2015, 07:22:18 am
I must say that although I was skeptical at first, I think these covers look really, really nice.  In addition, I am quite impressed how the OP was willing to work with the concerns of some collectors as well, to be able to produce a product that looks and fits nicely in any sort of collection, yet is also easily distinguishable as a modern fan-made item.  I wish the folks over at NA would take a lesson from this guy, about how to find a balance that makes everyone happy, while still producing a quality product.  :)

I agree 100% I wanted something to represent a box but I'm not going to sit there and try and fool people, These snug boxes are awesome if the total cost wasn't so much for me I'd have one for every loose cart i own lol, rama has done a fantastic job with them and should please any collector