Famicom Modders in Houston

Started by Mr Game and Watch, June 13, 2015, 01:28:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Game and Watch

I have been given a suggestion by a friend on Facebook to have my Famicom modded for better viewing. But, I can't really afford to ship it out of town for the job. So, can anyone point me to some reliable custom modders in the Houston, Texas area? Much appreciated!
"This is where the fish lives."

Heathledger

Sadly i dont know any in the houston area but i know one that can AV mod your famicom here is the Ebay listing if you are interested

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Famicom-Nintendo-AV-LED-Upgrade-Installation-Service-/381170463101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58bf87b17d

Pikkon

Man,that dude charges a hell of a lot for a easy mod.

zmaster18

This better be high quality for that price. My mod isn't the most perfect, but for $30 extra from me you get a console plus 10 games.

Pikkon

Doesn't seem like it,looks like a standard av mod using a trrs jack.

If you add around 25 to his price you could buy a av famicom.

Mr Game and Watch

Quote from: Heathledger on June 13, 2015, 01:35:38 pm
Sadly i dont know any in the houston area but i know one that can AV mod your famicom here is the Ebay listing if you are interested

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Famicom-Nintendo-AV-LED-Upgrade-Installation-Service-/381170463101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58bf87b17d

Yeah, that does seem a bit much. Does anyone know of any cheaper services? Or local ones?

Heathledger

Actually now you think about it does seem a bit too much for a AV mod. I would just buy a AV fami and be done with it

zmaster18

Quote from: Pikkon on June 13, 2015, 03:13:55 pm
Doesn't seem like it,looks like a standard av mod using a trrs jack.

If you add around 25 to his price you could buy a av famicom.

True that. I think that most people prefer the look of the red/white Famicom though. The AV Famicom is very handy with its controller ports however.

Mr Game and Watch

I was hoping to not spend more than $50-$60, really.

MustardBubbles