PlayStation TV is a great little piece of gaming.

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, July 13, 2015, 06:15:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

Hey guys, been sometime since I've posted here but just wanted to make a post about PSTV.

PlayStation TV is originally being sold as a the home console version of Vita but the truth is that a lot of Vita games aren't really compatible with it so it's kinda pointless to have it.

I for myself, I bought the PSTV to play PSP games on it as I've asked on this forum for a similar device and this really is the closest that I'll ever get to it, so I'm very satisfied with it. It's identical to a real PSP but to access the PSP side I had to use the Patapon 2 exploit (as well as download the backups of UMD games I own because I'm not about to pay for them again).

This micro-console is also capable of playing PS1 and emulators as well, plus remote play PS4 but for this it'd need to be updated, I think.

My PSTV is on 3.20 and I won't be ever updating it.  :)

L___E___T

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zmaster18

I've seen the PSTV thing, looks interesting. Too bad PS Vita is now a retired system. PS TV reminds me of Ouya. Kinda a pointless tiny box that plays very few games, most of them you can get on the other consoles.

My bro has a PS Vita and never really used it. He also has a PS Vita just for Persona 4. There's not much to it. I wasn't impressed when I tried it.

NintendoKing

I see them often on eBay for around $40, and at that price it's affordable for basically anyone.

Yelir

I've seen this for sale at the used shops only one time so far, so I don't really know a whole lot about it. What are the pros and cons to owning one, and if you can get it cheaper used, is it worth it?

egg_sanwich

Just curious, do you use it to run anything else other than emulators?

Hard to justify the purchase when my computer runs emulators decently as well  :-[

mario_bro2065

I also got my PS TV. Games I enjoyed :

Danganronpa series (1, 2, and AE)

Vib Ribbon (It's nice being able to play the classic on a DS3 or 4)

Megaman 2 PS1 (I suck at it but still good lookin')

Etc. I got a crap ton of games I could recommend but I would be here all day.