Sellers who don't contribute to the site in any other way

Started by hvc01, August 20, 2015, 01:46:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvc01

Hi All,

Is there any rule or mechanism in place to prevent unsolicited sales threads from popping up or people taking advantage of this forum. Interested to know other people's thoughts on this?

UglyJoe

Quote from: hvc01 on August 20, 2015, 01:46:11 am
Is there any rule or mechanism in place to prevent unsolicited sales threads from popping up

The only way in which we solicit sales is that we have a B/S/T forum for creating sales threads.  We do have a rule prohibiting sales threads outside of the B/S/T forum and from spamming "oh btw I have this game for sale" into regular discussion threads (unless someone asks).  I am not sure what other ways a sales thread would be unsolicited.

Quote from: hvc01 on August 20, 2015, 01:46:11 am
or people taking advantage of this forum.

Do you mean sellers or buyers?

If you mean sellers, it's difficult for people to take advantage of people here as bad deals or obviously dishonest listings are almost always called out and torn apart by active forum members.

If you mean buyers, then that has been discussed before.  What was decided was that it is up to the seller to decide whether or not they want to sell items to newbie or no-post members.

hvc01

thanks for clarifying. so you could just sell items here without being an active member of the forum in any other way. that was all i wanted to know. thanks.

o.pwuaioc

It's funny, I was just reading about this idea on another game forum. Personally I'm no fan of sellers who go to forums just to peddle their wares. It's poor form.

chowder

Quote from: o.pwuaioc on August 27, 2015, 05:10:59 pm
It's funny, I was just reading about this idea on another game forum. Personally I'm no fan of sellers who go to forums just to peddle their wares. It's poor form.

I don't have a problem with it really, if someone finds some Famicom related stuff that they want to sell because they have no interest in it, here is probably a better bet for selling it that throwing it on eBay.

L___E___T

Yes - plus sellers offering games for a good rate are contributing to the site in that very way.

Sellers that go against the spirit ofthe site are soon called out, so it's quite well moderated.

It might seem annoying, but they're helping build the community and engagement with Famicom World in their own way, it's not abuse of the system.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

I also agree that people should be able to sell stuff here without contributing otherwise. While both are obviously preferred, FW users can smell a good deal from a mile away, so if it's good stuff, it'll sell here just fine.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat