How I beat Ninja Gaiden

Started by Protoman, September 05, 2015, 01:07:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

MaxXimus

I care, ha-ha.

Nice video. Very entertaining.

UglyJoe

Haha, that was great.  Congrats on beating it!  I still have never been able to get past all of the frustrations in stage 6.

P

Jedi Master Baiter

Congratulations.

I honestly think we should make ribbon/trophy icons for people to display on forums for all the tough games they've beaten. It would obviously be on the honor system. :-\

Nightstar699

Not necessarily... photos, or even video clips, can be mandatory to earn the icons.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jedi Master Baiter

But then I would have to go back and replay Mission: Impossible.

Just looking at that playthrough triggers bad memories. :(

L___E___T

Protoman I really enjoyed that - especially the slow shots panning the FC when NG is selected, really awesome and kind've intimidating lol.

Reminds me of the whole process trying to beat Castlevania - I actually thought it just wasn't possible at first for me to beat, but the magic comes from finding those ways to win bit by bit.

I'll admit I haven't beaten this game, I always preferred playing NG2 and 3 over the original.  I must go back and attempt it using your tips :)

VOTE - Makaimura for the next playthrough!  If you beat Ninja Gaiden then it's more than possible for you, even though if may feel ridiculous at first...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Makaimura oh that game is much more random than Ninja Gaiden. I've never beaten it without save states (and even then I only played first lap).
Quote from: Protoman videoI've never been that good at videogames. And I've relied way too much on Game Genie and other such devices in the past, in order to save myself from frustration.

This is exactly why I don't like cheating devices very much. But if you can beat any Ninja Gaiden game, you can consider yourself above average!

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on September 05, 2015, 06:50:22 pm
I honestly think we should make ribbon/trophy icons for people to display on forums for all the tough games they've beaten. It would obviously be on the honor system. :-\

I really like this idea. I think it would feel a little better if it isn't so easy to cheat, so a photo of the ending might be a good idea. I know, I have to go through the whole last dungeon in FF1, that I recently beat, again just for a photo of the ending. :(

But where would the trophies be placed? Under your avatar? I think it would become quite full.

Nightstar699

Makaimura is WAY more punishing and yes, random than Ninja Gaiden. It's a legitimately difficult game... still, it's a fun one to tackle. Until you get to stage 6 of loop 2. Oi.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

L___E___T

Protoman, have you beaten Castlevania / Akumajou Dracula? 

If not, try that one - you'll beta it for sure!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

September 06, 2015, 05:13:07 pm #11 Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 08:22:05 am by Jedi QuestMaster
Quote from: P on September 06, 2015, 08:54:45 am
But where would the trophies be placed? Under your avatar? I think it would become quite full.

Wherever you put images in forums. I'm not talking about this particular forum; there would just be hotlinkable images (hosted somewhere), and people can put them in their sigs (obviously not this forum).

I still think the honor system is best. I don't care to track down imposters, Don Shipley style. If someone wants to be a douche, let 'em. These images would be no different than simply claiming you beat a game and really serve no other purpose. If anything, it'd be a great conversation starter:

Dude, you beat Batman, too?
Yeah, I used 254 continues.
Pfft, you didn't beat Batman then.

Quote from: L___E___T on September 06, 2015, 09:22:10 am
Protoman, have you beaten Castlevania / Akumajou Dracula?  

On the plus side, you get to start on the final boss after you die.

Edit: Oh, I see. Protoman already beat Castlevania.

P

Yeah well I guess people might as well just choose what restrictions to put on themselves in order to not be tempted to cheating. It's just pictures of trophies and possibly useless internet karma.

Protoman

I have beaten Castlevania, but with the caveat of doing it on the FDS, not beating the whole game in one playthrough, but rather saving, spending days on a certain stage (like the one with Death... phew! and also the last) before landing a save at Dracula's stairs and then trying from there until I got it.

I don't see how using a lot of continues means you didn't beat a game though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TRDYYYw5g

fcgamer

I don't think any of the Castlevania games are overly difficult; however, I think their true difficulty is sometimes lost upon me (sort of like when people say the mega Man games are hard), since I had grown up with these games and played them for hours on end.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com