How to open a Lagrange Point Cartridge

Started by famiac, October 04, 2015, 12:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

Hi guys. I don't want to risk damaging my copy of lagrange point, but i'd like to play it in English. Does anyone know of the best way to open the konami carts?

Is using the clamp still the best way to go?

HVC-Man

Yes, you have to use a clamp or vice to squeeze open the clips holding the cartridge together. there are 5 in total. 1 at the top and 4 in each corner of the cartridge on the left/right sides. You open the bottom clips, then ease open the top ones.

muckyfingers

October 04, 2015, 03:10:57 pm #2 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:01:22 am by SumixXam
Quote from: HVC-Man on October 04, 2015, 01:31:57 pm
Yes, you have to use a clamp or vice to squeeze open the clips holding the cartridge together. there are 5 in total. 1 at the top and 4 in each corner of the cartridge on the left/right sides. You open the bottom clips, then ease open the top ones.

Quoted For Truth.

famiac

What a scary operation... Not excited for that one.

dc16

I already messed up two Kirby carts trying to open them. Glad that Nintendo decided to use the security bit instead.

HVC-Man

If you don't have the tools to open Famicom carts, then please leave it to those who do.

famiac

It's okay to mess up. That's one of the major lessons of DIY.

It doesn't matter what tools you have. If you find yourself needing a tool, you're free buy it or make it instead of leaving it to "those who do."

Back on topic: This thread was created in order to ask the community if they had a better way to open this specific cartridge. They don't at the moment, as far as i can tell.

fredJ

Here are pictures of the location of tabs.  :)

Red shows the plastic outside
Blue shows the tab inside
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

L___E___T

If you don't want to use a clamp you can do it with your hands if you know where to press.  I open all my Fami carts this way and never had a breakage yet.  Takes a bit of pressure but it works.  Just don't force apart from the bottom.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

zombie343

Quote from: L___E___T on July 06, 2019, 06:33:25 amIf you don't want to use a clamp you can do it with your hands if you know where to press.  I open all my Fami carts this way and never had a breakage yet.  Takes a bit of pressure but it works.  Just don't force apart from the bottom.

Got my first Lagrange point Famicom cart and I would pay money to see this happen