Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 10:55:18 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  A Week of Garfield
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Week of Garfield  (Read 2576 times)
Doc
FW Founder
FamicomBox

Famicom World

« on: July 30, 2006, 06:07:11 AM »

Continue discussion from there:
http://famicomworld.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=famicom&action=display&thread=1142826438

to here.

Doc
FW Founder
FamicomBox

Famicom World

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:52:28 PM »

This game has to be the most underrated game like, ever. I can't wait until the site gets more well known, so we can tell everyone about how underrated it is. Anyone in the same boat as I?

nes_pwnerer
Disk System

Let's Gachapon!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 05:31:49 AM »

What about this? http://www.nesplayer.com/features/famicom/2.htm

He makes it sound like aWoG has the programming quality of Action 52. How do you guys respond?
Doc
FW Founder
FamicomBox

Famicom World

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

Yeah, I know. Mike and I have traded e-mails before, and he's a really nice guy. However, I think he did what a LOT of others did: Played the game without TRYING the controls out. Believe it or not, that damn spider that people can't get past? YOU CAN SHOOT HIM! And all you have to do is press B. Oh wow, what a hard to find control... Roll Eyes

nes_pwnerer
Disk System

Let's Gachapon!

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »

Cheesy I see.  Maybe the ROM is buggered.

Hey so long as this is a half-decent game, I'll put it on my shopping list. Could be a good conversation starter.
Doc
FW Founder
FamicomBox

Famicom World

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 08:59:28 PM »

If you're talking about how you finish four levels and it ends...well, that's a real glitch problem. I have gotten CLOSE on the cart version to finishing, so maybe it's just that the ROM gives people issues. Maybe it's longer...

nes_pwnerer
Disk System

Let's Gachapon!

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 09:05:54 PM »

Oh, I meant that maybe the ROM was buggered so he couldn't shoot; maybe everybody has the same ROM dump so they ALL thought the game was messed up and THAT'S the problem. I'm pretty sure the whole 4 levels thing was just a joke to describe what he thought the quality of the game was.

Also, why wasn't this game released in the US? I'm pretty sure the US has a larger Garfield following than Japan.
Doc
FW Founder
FamicomBox

Famicom World

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 05:17:43 PM »

People say bad things about other video games that I like, like TOMBA!, Dynasty Warriors series, and others...I just never tend to care. They're all like "OMFG FPS FOR MEEE".

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: