A Week of Garfield

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:07:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

This game has to be the most underrated game like, ever. I can't wait until the site gets more well known, so we can tell everyone about how underrated it is. Anyone in the same boat as I?

nes_pwnerer

What about this? http://www.nesplayer.com/features/famicom/2.htm

He makes it sound like aWoG has the programming quality of Action 52. How do you guys respond?

Doc

Yeah, I know. Mike and I have traded e-mails before, and he's a really nice guy. However, I think he did what a LOT of others did: Played the game without TRYING the controls out. Believe it or not, that damn spider that people can't get past? YOU CAN SHOOT HIM! And all you have to do is press B. Oh wow, what a hard to find control... ::)

nes_pwnerer

:D I see.  Maybe the ROM is buggered.

Hey so long as this is a half-decent game, I'll put it on my shopping list. Could be a good conversation starter.

Doc

If you're talking about how you finish four levels and it ends...well, that's a real glitch problem. I have gotten CLOSE on the cart version to finishing, so maybe it's just that the ROM gives people issues. Maybe it's longer...

nes_pwnerer

Oh, I meant that maybe the ROM was buggered so he couldn't shoot; maybe everybody has the same ROM dump so they ALL thought the game was messed up and THAT'S the problem. I'm pretty sure the whole 4 levels thing was just a joke to describe what he thought the quality of the game was.

Also, why wasn't this game released in the US? I'm pretty sure the US has a larger Garfield following than Japan.

Doc

People say bad things about other video games that I like, like TOMBA!, Dynasty Warriors series, and others...I just never tend to care. They're all like "OMFG FPS FOR MEEE".