Anyone knows how to buy from taobao?

Started by tonev, November 04, 2015, 11:12:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tonev

Does anyone here know how to buy from taobao? I saw that you can use an agent but there are ton of them out there and there is no way of knowing if anyone of them is good.
I am back everyone :)

famifan

November 05, 2015, 02:40:36 am #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:30:18 am by famifan
what's the prob? most of agents are fine. But please be prepared to pay relatively a lot of money for shipping. (I mean the situation where you purchased 10$ item, but had to spent on shipping 20-30$ at least depending on its weight)

if the item you're interested in only exists on taobao, then i'd rather find a store on aliexpress with the similar assortment and then just ask seller on aliexpress about that item on taobao. Always they're pretty happy to source any kind of item from taobao to you. So, you'll just buy it then on aliexpress :-)

tonev

I have searched a lot and some of the stuff can only be found on taobao for example replacement shells for ds fat consoles.
Or NIB classic xbox controllers. If i find a good way to get stuff from taobao I will post here .
I am back everyone :)

famifan

November 06, 2015, 01:43:11 am #3 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:31:27 am by famifan
Quote from: tonev on November 05, 2015, 01:23:00 pm
I have searched a lot and some of the stuff can only be found on taobao for example replacement shells for ds fat consoles.

just find aliexpress stores with high rating score which sell the similar stuff and ask them to source the items. The most effective way to exclude use of agents. But you still will be covered with 'buyer protection'.

in case of using agents, you won't be.
Or NIB classic xbox controllers.

that could be counterfeit item. Don't trust pictures :-)

the main pros and the same time a cons of asian oriented market is unavoidable communication with the seller. So, without communication with seller it's pretty easy to buy something you really don't like.

Post Merge: November 06, 2015, 08:31:27 am

that reminds me old days where i was trying to poke plenty of random sellers from japan over ebay to source the item from yahoo for me (or buy it from second-hand game shop)

and it was almost successful. People are always wanted to help. Sometimes they even didn't charge the additional money for that. Even if the seller had got just a couple of dozens of transactions points. Sometime i've sent extra amount of money to them, just because they're nice and helpful.

fcgamer

Quote from: famifan on November 06, 2015, 01:43:11 am

just find aliexpress stores with high rating score which sell the similar stuff and ask them to source the items. The most effective way to exclude use of agents. But you still will be covered with 'buyer protection'.

in case of using agents, you won't be.
Or NIB classic xbox controllers.

that could be counterfeit item. Don't trust pictures :-)

the main pros and the same time a cons of asian oriented market is unavoidable communication with the seller. So, without communication with seller it's pretty easy to buy something you really don't like.

Post Merge: November 06, 2015, 08:31:27 am

that reminds me old days where i was trying to poke plenty of random sellers from japan over ebay to source the item from yahoo for me (or buy it from second-hand game shop)

and it was almost successful. People are always wanted to help. Sometimes they even didn't charge the additional money for that. Even if the seller had got just a couple of dozens of transactions points. Sometime i've sent extra amount of money to them, just because they're nice and helpful.

That sounds like a good idea to me.  A lot of people are willing to help out just because, and if you are a regular customer of theirs, that is an easy way to strengthen a relationship without too much hassle.

Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com