Going to attempt to learn Japanese.

Started by WF72, December 08, 2015, 04:48:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

P

Yeah and I think these technological constraints would refer to that the italicized hiragana are much harder to draw in the low resolution that was used by computers, telegraphs and such machines back then (this is my own theory). Katakana are easy to read even in low resolution while hiragana may look a bit weird.

I guess it also could be related to the fact that hiragana and katakana usage was swapped during the war, or so I heard, and the tradition continued even after it for computers and telegrams. Telegrams are still done using only katakana I think (if they are still in use at all that is).

Jedi Master Baiter

Anyone know of any YouTube channels that emphasize on speaking?

I just unsubscribed to a YT "news" channel that's been pissing me off lately and now I've caught up with my feeds. I realized that I have plenty of time to listen to content while doing my morning routine (instead of shaving, I pluck my facial hair [prevents the 2 o'clock {yes, 2 o'clock} shadow] which takes about 30-45 minutes).

I could be spending this time improving my comprehension skills! :o

ありがとうございま! :D

Sarahconner

Jedi Master Baiter

Thank you! I need to learn some more kanji.

All I know is: 足 and 人. I'm a 足人 (I'm a leg guy. :-[)

Sarahconner

May 22, 2016, 04:20:06 pm #19 Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:10:53 pm by Sarahconner
Need help with Translation-

Can anyone translate 'Maze Song' and 'Song Maze' into kanji?

Thank you!

Post Merge: May 22, 2016, 06:10:53 pm

it is 'Meiro No Uta.'  Is this about right?  :redcart:

P

Yes that's correct for "Maze Song". In kanji it would be: 迷路の歌

I'm not sure what a "Song Maze" is though?