FDSemu - New FDS drive emulator, with menu and large flash

Started by jamesholodnak, January 04, 2016, 03:43:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: loopy on January 06, 2016, 11:52:33 pm
If anyone bought an old FDSStick model and wants it upgraded, email me.

Sweet! ;D

Is this free or is there an added fee?

Edit: By the way, do you just need to press the button once to switch sides now? How does it work? :-\

jamesholodnak

I have changed the base price to $30 and the "famicomworld" coupon code now gives $5 off. Total price is $25.

Thanks again!

XC-3730C

I see this supports Game Doctor images. Anyone know where to get these images?

ericj

Hey James, sent you a PM. I may be able to help you out since you're in the US.  ;)

Arasoi

Dropping in to show my support for this product, as well as the original FDSstick. I own both, and they are both excellent products that do their job.

Ninjanick999

Quote from: XC-3730C on January 29, 2016, 04:25:24 am
I see this supports Game Doctor images. Anyone know where to get these images?

I would also like to know where you can get these images, as I have a Venus Game Converter, but nothing I can load on it.

schnuth

Very cool looking device.  Any chance someone could whip up a case or enclosure?

Arasoi

Integrated FDSEmu into a ram adapter with help from a friend. Disk change button is in the "o" for nintendo, and a USB extension cable can be used to connect it to the PC.

YoshiFan501

Quote from: Arasoi on February 06, 2016, 10:32:07 pm

Integrated FDSEmu into a ram adapter with help from a friend. Disk change button is in the "o" for nintendo, and a USB extension cable can be used to connect it to the PC.

Howd ya do this?

Arasoi

Wires were soldered directly from the FDSEmu pins to the appropriate points on the RAM Adapter board and the cable disconnected and removed, and an additional button was wired in, and mounted under a drilled hole in the "o" of the Nintendo logo. A small piece of the case was dremeled out so the USB end of the FDSEmu is exposed, and it can be connected to the PC with a USB extension cable.

There are probably a few cleaner things that could be done like using a panel mount mini USB jack or something, but this works very well for me. It should be noted that the creator of FDSEmu made/ordered a different board design in a small quantity for those wanting to do these, mine was done with a regular model.

MasterDisk

I hope people do not start to cut & destroy their RAM adapter for this...

phreak97

Ah damnit, I just ordered one this week and I just read about the coupon code:(

schnuth

I missed the coupon code too when I ordered. :D It's a great little device and I've had a lot of fun with it.

Is there any update on the 3D printed case?