NES only works when games aren't pushed down?

Started by Rygar, January 16, 2016, 07:48:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rygar

So, I bought another NES about 6 months ago because my previous one was beyond help.
I can play most of my games perfectly.. but I get the blinks when i push the cart down, while they read
when i keep them up.

also, some of my favorite carts "RYGAR!,megaman 3,TMNT 1, t&c surf designs and Battletoads/double dragon the ultimate team" which are all free of corrosion and cleaned 100% won't read on this NES.. :(
I heard that the pins are looser on the new connectors that makes the games easier to take out of the console, so could it be that the pins aren't tight enough to read the games??

any insight would help! thank you :bomb: :cherry:
psst! over here

ATARI7800

It seems to me like your pin connector is worn out, over time the pins will be forced down and that and cause the game to have trouble reading in the slot. Eventually you'll have take the system apart and remove the pin connector once removed you can re bend the pins back into place. Of corse the other problem could be your carts aren't clean enough usually 98% of nes problems can be fixed by cleaning the carts. The only other i can think of is your nes security chip is acting up but i doubt that's your problem most licensed carts don't have a problem with it.

Hope this helps  8) 

Rygar

Thats what I thought too, but there is a brand new Pin Connector put in? >:(
psst! over here

zmaster18

You can buy a new 72 pin connector or try and fix yours. You can either bend each individual pin, or you can try this new method that involves boiling your connector in a pot of boiling water on the stove. I never tried this because I don't have a NES anymore, but I heard it is the ideal way to get your 72 pin connector back to new.

HVC-Man

It's actually better if your NES games work in the "up" position, it puts less stress on the cartridge slot.