WTB: Sharp Twin Famicom Turbo AC Adapter

Started by Elysiom, February 05, 2016, 09:07:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Elysiom

Hello gents, I've been a lurker for a while but just received my Twin Famicom Turbo from an eBay seller that sent it with some FC / SFC China knockoff power supply - it's the wrong barrel size and wrong voltage etc.

The system is an AN-505-BK and I believe the part number is UADP-0041CEZZ.

Thanks!

leonk

I think your standard sega genesis model 1 AC/DC adapter is a perfect fit for this system.

Pikkon

February 05, 2016, 06:26:06 pm #2 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 07:15:25 pm by Pikkon
That wont work as a twin fami ac adapter is centrer pin positive,plus it wont fit.

What would be ideal is a slim ps1 ac adapter as its in spec,all you will need to do is replace the tip with a Barrel Size: Outer Diameter 5.5mm; Inner Diameter 2.5mm.

heranbago

You want something like this:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00EL8BNA8

This is a European one but there are ones that take 120V too. The original AC adapter wants 100V too so it gets really hot if you're not using a power step-down converter.

http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=6933.0
QuoteThe Sharp Twin Famicom AC-Adapter is different. Its specifications are:
Input: 100VAC 50-60Hz
Output: 7.6VDC 1250mA (1.25A)
Polarity: Centre Pin Positive
(-)------------(o------------(+)
Barrel Size: Outer Diameter 5.5mm; Inner Diameter 2.5mm

7.5VDC setting on a travel adapter with a matching head like this costs less and is more power efficient than the original wall wort.

Elysiom

Thanks for the heads up, I was lucky enough to find an original adapter off eBay - many people say its fine to just plug it into 120V AC here in the states.

So far I've kept it unplugged when not using it, looks like I'll have to look into a 100V step down transformer.

leonk

Quote from: Elysiom on February 22, 2016, 09:51:26 am
Thanks for the heads up, I was lucky enough to find an original adapter off eBay - many people say its fine to just plug it into 120V AC here in the states.

So far I've kept it unplugged when not using it, looks like I'll have to look into a 100V step down transformer.

I've used mine many times plugged into our USA outlets.  Keep in mind, a lot of these old electronics have a tolerance of +/- 20% or more; which is within the specs of the AC adapter.

Many people plug their Japanese 100V arcade machines directly into outlets also for instance.