Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 10:04:59 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Buy / Sell / Trade (Moderators: manuel, MaxXimus, The Uninvited Gremlin, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Price Check
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Price Check  (Read 156456 times)
Phosphora
Disk System

« Reply #1050 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »

Found this when going through an old box today.  Cheesy

I picked this up many many moons ago in Japan at a Hard-Off Junk store for around 500Yen. I didn't have a Disk System at the time, just liked the cool Bubble Bobble "Pencil pouch" case
The Giant manual is pretty cool too!

You don't see many complete retail copies of Bubble Bobble in the world, I believe my count from searching online is only 5.
Including mine, 2 sold on ebay, and there were 3 displayed or sold on private websites.

Rarity doesn't equal value, but I sure don't hear much about complete Bubble Bobble disks on the web.
Is this common and I don't know it? Either way, it's best best darn $5 Pencil pouch I ever bought! Grin
Parodius Duh
« Reply #1051 on: April 29, 2012, 05:40:57 AM »

its rare, theres definitely more than 5 out there, Id say a few hundred. Its worth quite a bit, last one I saw sold for about $200
manuel
CIB maniac
Global Moderator
Disk-kun
Japan Japan

It'sa Mii, manuel

« Reply #1052 on: April 29, 2012, 05:44:57 AM »

That's very neat, and no matter how you look at it, it's worth far more than you paid. Great find for 500 Yen I'd say!

Jedi QuestMaster
Jedi Knight
FW Legacy
FamicomBox

« Reply #1053 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:21 AM »

That was definitely a great find. Lucky cha-cha-cha wow! Bub Cheesy

Phosphora
Disk System

« Reply #1054 on: April 29, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »

its rare, theres definitely more than 5 out there, Id say a few hundred. Its worth quite a bit, last one I saw sold for about $200

Good stuff, I meant only 5 I could individually trace online as of today from search engine results. $200 is way more than I thought it was worth.

Bubble Bobble was a huge hit internationally.
Is this rare because they sold few at retail, because they had it in the disk writer, or because people like me wanted it for a pencil pouch?

That's very neat, and no matter how you look at it, it's worth far more than you paid. Great find for 500 Yen I'd say!

Heck yeah, glad I never stored pencils and pens in it!  Embarrassed

Post Merge: April 29, 2012, 05:58:54 AM
That was definitely a great find. Lucky cha-cha-cha wow! Bub Cheesy
Lucky cha-cha-cha WOW! INVADE Famicom Disk Sukar-Monsuta Super-Drunk!  Bub

The inside of the manual is cool, mostly is a guide to the value of items, random artwork, and Famicom Disk Warnings. I also should mention that it's a bit difficult to get the manual out of the pencil pouch (and even harder to get back in). I wish they made the manual a little bit smaller.

Lesson learned: After wowing people with the Cha-Cha dance I will only invade the sukar monsta on this Famicom Disk when I'm way super-drunk.

I'm quite thrilled that my "junk" FDS purchase is the highlight of my FDS collection that I just started this year. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:44:16 AM by Phosphora » Logged
fredJ
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

Let's dance

« Reply #1055 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:10 PM »

I have seen it in YAJ a few times and would estimate its value there to be around 5000-7500 yen, which is less than 100$.
But I haven't followed such things closely so forgive me, I could be wrong.

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com
Phosphora
Disk System

« Reply #1056 on: April 30, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »

I have seen it in YAJ a few times and would estimate its value there to be around 5000-7500 yen, which is less than 100$.
But I haven't followed such things closely so forgive me, I could be wrong.

Well, even if it was only worth $20 I'd still say that I got a great deal.  Smiley
fredJ
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

Let's dance

« Reply #1057 on: May 05, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »

I wonder why Motomo Abunai Deka is so expensive? I just gave away a copy for 5$, didn't think much of it.

scaryice
Famicom

« Reply #1058 on: May 08, 2012, 12:12:06 AM »

I wonder why Motomo Abunai Deka is so expensive? I just gave away a copy for 5$, didn't think much of it.

It is?
Medisinyl
Twin Famicom

« Reply #1059 on: May 08, 2012, 04:37:54 AM »

Can't seem to find any information on this boxed converter I have (have had it for years now).  Allows NES games to be played on the Famicom.  Looking to sell it soon, but have no idea what it's worth.  Any ideas?

Parodius Duh
« Reply #1060 on: May 09, 2012, 04:06:53 AM »

most 72-60 pins usually go for $20-25. Id say since this has the original box it might be worth a few bucks more.
lobdale
AV Famicom

Even in the bathroom ♪

« Reply #1061 on: May 09, 2012, 04:45:19 AM »

It is?

It's kind of a nostalgic pop-cultural item in Japan since it was based on a detective TV show/movie franchise, so it's probably in kind of high demand like that celebrity game of the comedian who was arrested for sexual harassment and the Hitler/Guevara games.

fredJ
Sharp C1
Sweden Sweden

Let's dance

« Reply #1062 on: May 09, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »

I see, thanks. Combined with it being somewhat rare uncommon.

It's the other way around for all those Disney games, pop-cultural in the west but relatively cheap in Japan, even when they are uncommon.

I never quite understood why Duck Tales is such so popular NES game. Sure "The Moon" is a nice song, but it is only like 20 seconds long. The game also takes less time to complete than watching an episode of Duck Tales. One of the most overrated NES games, imho.

Thankfully, the Japanese have better taste. Motomo Abunai Deka is a crappy game but at least it takes some effort to complete.  Cheesy And I'd take Doraemon over Chip'n Dales any day.  Tongue

fiksiarz
Famiclone

« Reply #1063 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »

Hi all.
I have as yet a modest collection of games and I wanted to ask how much it would cost individual cartridges
my collection is located on the World Wide Web: www.fiksiarz.pl
Parodius Duh
« Reply #1064 on: May 10, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »

Hi all.
I have as yet a modest collection of games and I wanted to ask how much it would cost individual cartridges
my collection is located on the World Wide Web: www.fiksiarz.pl

It really depends, some of those carts I wouldnt even pay you a penny for, others are upwards of $20....PM me if you want a complete list.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: