SOLD: Working SHARP x68000 ACE-HD PC - The God Machine from 1988

Started by aarkay14, April 13, 2016, 04:46:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

aarkay14

Up for sale! SOLD

A working SHARP X68000 ACE-HD from the 1988 when my father was working in Japan!.. I don't remember much of this machine because I never used it back then (was just a kid, not even born when it was bought) I am selling this piece of gem, it needs a little love - grease on the floppy drive, capacitor replacement and stuff, hence selling it for really cheap, I don't want to spend much time restoring this as I have none. Probably has a 20MB HDD.. Not sure..

This was kept very very preserved in a box in my family house basement but old hardware, I have not opened it so you never know.. The floppy drive is stuck and plays the 5 1/2 floppy game that is stuck inside. Outer body is in a very good condition considering the age.

/for the modders and DIYers this is a feast/.

Asking - 150 USD SOLD+ Shipping from Japan. Please note this baby weighs ~9 Kilos.

Pics:

Video:
https://youtu.be/LFzndmpcY7c

-Rama

L___E___T

OMG, just look at it...  Incredible find, hope you find a buyer soon.  Is the box included?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aarkay14

Quote from: L___E___T on April 13, 2016, 05:31:16 am

OMG, just look at it...  Incredible find, hope you find a buyer soon.  Is the box included?

Hey ! Thanx !! Sorry but no box included... :(

zmaster18

This is beautiful. Someone is totally going to snatch it up! It totally looks like a god machine - this isn't just some amateur computer, this is an HD personal workstation.

Pit

aarkay14

Quote from: zmaster18 on April 13, 2016, 06:52:19 am
This is beautiful. Someone is totally going to snatch it up! It totally looks like a god machine - this isn't just some amateur computer, this is an HD personal workstation.

Sure is the God machine!!  :)

jpx72

It's 68000! It's as powerfull as .........well as Megadrive! :crazy:

aarkay14

L___E___T

Wikipedia has all the model specs - I think I saw 2MB RAM?
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

aarkay14

Quote from: L___E___T on April 14, 2016, 03:19:13 am

Wikipedia has all the model specs - I think I saw 2MB RAM?

Oh no, the model I have is CZ-611C-GY - its written 1 MB on the Wikipedia.. but I don't know.. may it has an upgrade module installed or maybe not.. luck factor here..

-Rama

Koop

Yeah by default should be 1MB which isn't much. You need to have the RAM update in there to play many games and sourcing said upgrade can be expensive which is why I asked.

This is to the best of my knowledge of course I could be wrong.

HVC-Man

Quote from: jpx72 on April 13, 2016, 01:48:01 pm
It's 68000! It's as powerfull as .........well as Megadrive! :crazy:

Actually, with machines like this, the CPU matters little. The Mega Drive, Neo Geo, X68000, Macintosh and CPS2 all use the 68000. Some also use a Z80 for commanding the audio processor. What makes all those machines different is the surrounding system design, especially the graphics chipset. In cases like the 68000, Neo Geo and CPS2, the graphics chipset does the heavy lifting, while the 68000 just does engine code.

chowder

Quote from: HVC-Man on April 14, 2016, 11:35:49 am
Actually, with machines like this, the CPU matters little. The Mega Drive, Neo Geo, X68000, Macintosh and CPS2 all use the 68000. Some also use a Z80 for commanding the audio processor. What makes all those machines different is the surrounding system design, especially the graphics chipset. In cases like the 68000, Neo Geo and CPS2, the graphics chipset does the heavy lifting, while the 68000 just does engine code.

Much like every Nintendo console then :)