Buying Capacitors

Started by HeatSeeker, April 25, 2016, 01:48:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HeatSeeker

Hey

Where could I buy all the capacitors I need for a Sharp Twin Famicom AN-500B?

:mario: :link: :redcart:
ツインファミコン

Arkanix38

Unless the caps are leaking/clearly damaged/dried up they most likely don't need to be replaced. I feel that you may have misinterpreted my post on the other thread (was talking about a specific problem on my own Twin Famicom). Replacing the caps is a time consuming process that you shouldn't attempt without a decent soldering iron and plenty of soldering experience. There are no ready-made kits and no full reference schematics for the AN-500B and you'd be having to cross referencing the Nintendo Famicom schematics to the caps on your own system board.

If you're willing to do this and the caps don't appear damaged or leaked, document the locations and values of the capacitors (you can probably get away with just replacing electrolytics) and either buying them from your local Jaycar or ordering them from a site like http://au.element14.com/ or another distributor with an Australian distribution center.

2A03

Quote from: Arkanix38 on April 25, 2016, 02:17:29 am
and you'd be having to cross referencing the Nintendo Famicom schematics to the caps on your own system board.

...Or you could simply take a look at the original caps that are already inside your console and make a shopping list based on that...