Mail Call!

Started by shoggoth80, May 01, 2016, 02:10:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shoggoth80

May 01, 2016, 02:10:46 am Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:14:17 pm by shoggoth80
So, I got a package today that I had been waiting for. Only took 10 days to arrive from order, to door. Not bad given that came from China.
The contents? Carts. Pirate carts, but carts none the less. I know that as a general rule, there isn't much shyness about them here. All are new/new made from what I can tell. Labels aren't perfectly cut, but they are clean, and actually pretty glossy. Carts are light, so probably epoxy/glop top, but otherwise feel decently put together. They play great. Clean contacts, new PCBs, no cleaning, just plopped them in my little Penguin clone to test. It's been a little bit since I nabbed some Famicom games for the collection. I've got a few others currently en route as well. The games? Metal Storm (a game I've wanted since about 1992), Rainbow Islands (because I enjoy the Bubble Bobble franchise), and Little Samson (late life release on NES, really neat showcase/snapshot). Any one of them in original cart would cost a pretty penny these days. Much more affordable this way. I don't really have reservations over pirate carts, and as long as the game isn't language intensive I'll get whichever costs less between the FC vs. NES. Japanese exclusives still are what they are. Lol. The cart shells are all the same color, and design, though the auction stated that cart color/design could vary between titles. Overall, I'm pretty happy with them. Pics, because we all like that.

Post Merge: May 03, 2016, 03:14:15 pm

Yesterday's arrival.  Any recommendations on a glue to tack down the slightly lifted corner?