Game Collection Then vs Now

Started by MarioMania, May 16, 2016, 02:13:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMania

This is my Video of the Game Collecting Market, With me, I can't just go out every weekend to go to the Flea Market to buy stuff..I have to take the bus..I like go out 2 times a week, But that not enough..I have to worry about Re-Sellers..Even in the West Saramento, Sacramento Area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e898m7ZXC5s

tappybot

I think about how prices and availability have changed too, but it's also 20-30 years later.

It seemed ridiculous at first, but now it seems to make sense.. Nostalgia and gaming is a bigger market than ever, and people who were young and interested in these things are now much older, adults, and can afford to spend more money than they could have as children.  Resellers suck, but they've only accelerated the inevitable, re-popularizing classic games.

I was waiting for the bubble to burst, on prices, but it doesn't seem to show any signs of slowing down.

Just today, I spent much more money on a few games, high on my want list, than I ever would have in the last 5 years. I knew they were only going to get more and more expensive.
I had been waiting years to pick them up at the right price, but the deals never came.  I decided I should just go for it, if I really want them.

The time is definitely NOW, to get the games you really want.    My strategy up until now was 'wait for deals and pick up games for cheap.. you'll find the right deal on the games you want eventually' ... but now I realize I should have bought my 'must have' games quickly, and then waited to pick up stragglers on the cheap.

Soon it will probably be difficult to find these games anywhere except among collectors.

L___E___T

That's true I think, I always put off getting a nice CIB Gimmick! and now it's just going up and up and up :P
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。