Horror Titles Recommendations?

Started by shoggoth80, May 24, 2016, 02:03:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shoggoth80

May 24, 2016, 02:03:07 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:45:04 pm by shoggoth80
So, I was musing the other day about the PSX, and PS2, and how these two consoles really brought the fun (in my eyes) with the horror genre in general. It also came to my attention that many of my favorite titles either fall into this category, or loosely into this category. Survival, RPG, Point and Click etc. All types are in there. I've also managed to expand my available titles a bit, and am currently seeking out some PAL format games that otherwise did not hit North America. My backlog of titles to play has grown a bit, so, while I don't *need* more games, if anyone has a recommended title that I should keep an eye out for (and why), I could add it to the list. Lol.

My current list of titles that could fall into this genre of game are as follows:
Clock Tower 1-3
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil 1-3, Survivor, Code Veronica X, Survivor 2
Second Sight
Chaos Break (PAL, and I got a weird pirate iso with Russian audio, and English dialogue boxes)
Overblood
Ghost Hunter (multi language PAL)
Haunting Ground
Hellnight (PAL)
Necronomicon (PAL, en route)
Shadow Tower
City of Lost Children (another multi language pirate it  seems)
The Note (PAL)
Rule of Rose
Fatal Frame 1-3
Persona
Martian Gothic
Echo Night
Obscure: The Aftermath (can't seem to find the first one)
Evil Dead: Hail to the King
Legacy of Kain (whole series, not quite horror, but great)
Silent Hill 1-4, Origins, Shattered Memories
Alone in the Dark: One Eyed Jack's Revenge, New Nightmare
Nightmare Creatures 1&2
Shadow of Destiny
Countdown Vampires
Dracula: The Resurrection, and Last Sanctuary
Koudelka
Death Trap Dungeon
Siren
Extermination

On my short list: Juggernaut

Are there any other "must haves" or "hidden gems" within the genre on these consoles?

Jedi Master Baiter

I don't see Parasite Eve on that list.

shoggoth80

It's not. Lol. Been ages since I played that. Buddy of mine had it. I remember it being pretty good.

Yelir

May 24, 2016, 11:10:50 pm #3 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:53:23 pm by Yelir
Though like the movie you could consider it a mix of sci-fi and horror, you really need to put The Thing on this list! One of my favorite PS2 games though most other picks are music/rhythm titles.  :gamer: