gameboy pocket button issue

Started by countzero, June 07, 2016, 07:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

countzero

hello,

I recently dug my old gameboy out to play all my old games again however it seems to have an issue.

The buttons all seems to be registering wrong - for example if i push the a button it takes it as a left direction push. If i push up i get whatever the start button should do etc.

I have opened it up and checked the buttons and their pads on the motherboard - everything looks fine - its actually near perfect condition, like it rolled out the factory yesterday.

Any advice on how to fix this?

HummerTeam1001

I have been having the exact same problem on the player 2 controller on my famiclone, which has been working well until pretty recently.

It even has the same incorrect mapping, too. Pressing A makes a left direction push left, and pressing up makes the start button, etc.

I hope there is a fix for this because I don't want to just abandon playing any two player games on it. (I have some other, better-functioning famiclones but still)

HummerTeam1001

Mine started doing this after a friend was not being careful with it and treating it roughly. So maybe the electronics got disconnected or something?