All of you who have flash carts, do you play more? Less?

Started by bytestorm, June 08, 2016, 06:35:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you play more or less since getting your flashcarts?

More
Didn't change
Less
Just quick testing random games but give up easily (like me).
Didn't get any flashcart yet because I am afraid I'll play less.

Pikkon

If you do end up with a flash cart I would recommend not to put a whole rom set on there.

P

Quote from: bytestorm on June 09, 2016, 05:59:26 am
Next step will be to decide if I need the super everdrive for famicom or the sd2snes.. some titles that I really want is not supported like Yoshis island etc..

I got the SD2SNES and it's as good as it gets for Super Famicom. Yeah no Super FX or SA-1 support yet.

The pros with SD2SNES over Super Everdrive:
12 MB ROM memory needed for hacked Star Ocean (actually it has 16 MB, but it's not used)
ROM memory is RAM (Super Everdrive is flash which means it's very slow to load a ROM-image)
High compatibility (Cx4, Satellaview, S-RTC and OBC1 none which Super Everdive can do)
MSU-1 compatibility (custom co-processor by Byuu, several hacks are already using it)
SPC Player
Region free (region protected games may be patched automatically with a menu setting)

The only drawback is that it's more expensive I guess.

HummerTeam1001

Quote from: Pikkon on June 09, 2016, 09:04:12 pm
If you do end up with a flash cart I would recommend not to put a whole rom set on there.

Why not?

HummerTeam1001

Jedi Master Baiter

Nothing, if you can cope with the notion that you will probably never have enough time to play the entirety of the library, enjoy them, and complete most to a satisfactory level in your lifetime whilst still enjoying a meaningful life outside of video games.

HummerTeam1001

Meh you can't enjoy the entire library with or without a flash cart.

L___E___T

I do believe that playing on a flashcart with a library dump means you're less likely to enjoy the best games, for the reasons I mentioned.  At least, it did for me.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

But who wants to play the best games? That's boring.

If there were a random game option on the flashcart menu, then I can see downloading 2,000+ roms.

Then by chance you can play this. Or one of these. Or this.

L___E___T

Lol that does look pretty fun actually - but no I'll stick with a top tier of action platformers :P
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

SuperDerpBro

July 31, 2016, 09:48:15 am #25 Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:19:02 am by SuperDerpBro
Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on June 26, 2016, 12:41:07 pm

Then by chance you can play this.

What game is that? Do want!

EDIT: TOPPLE ZIP :D