April 23, 2024, 04:41:46 pm

Zelda breath

Started by zmaster18, June 16, 2016, 07:43:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

L___E___T

Seems like combat easy mode :P, which is a weird reward considering you have beaten the two hardest areas in the game...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: L___E___T on June 22, 2016, 09:49:22 am

The Cave of Ordeals?  You shouldn't need an amiibo for that - it's on the original, I remember playing through it fervently way back when to get the ultimate reward.

I just had a look online - I think the amiibo just insta-teleports you there - but it's a second cave of ordeals?  So there are two 50-stage levels/areas?

"Tap in a Zelda or Link amiibo, though, and Link will receive hearts. The Wolf Link amiibo, meanwhile, transports you immediately to 'The Cave of Shadows.'
Like the 'Cave of Ordeals' from the original, the cave offers increasingly tougher waves of enemies (in a dark and admittedly bland environment) and great rewards like huge-capacity rupee wallets."

So I don't need it then. :) That whole amiibo charade translates to me as "Here, play it on easy mode because it's too hard for you."

L___E___T

June 24, 2016, 08:02:07 am #17 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:07:16 am by L___E___T

I am not the biggest fan of Amiibos - I feel they're quite transparently trying to persuade people to 'collect em all' when they are surplus plastic toys you don't need at all.  

I just feel they're exploitative of the very core fan base Nintendo should honour a bit more with that regard.  But people like them, I wouldn't suggest they shouldn't exist.

However collecting those for investment value to me is absolutely nuts.  There are so many of them around, and so many unopened.  I don't see their investment value.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。