PITA: PayPal gives an error unless I use its currency conversion

Started by famifan, July 06, 2016, 07:33:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

famifan

this is serious  >:(

for no reasons, it allows to pay only with use of its currency conversion.
otherwise, it shows the following error: "You cannot use this credit card for this transaction. Please use another funding source."

i've contacted the support, hope to get that sorted out soon before i'll get updaid item strike due to this.

:help:

has anybody else noticed something fishy in paypal's behaviour lately?

Post Merge: July 06, 2016, 08:12:26 am

looks like i'm not alone struggling to pay http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/95125/paypal-gives-an-error-unless-i-use-its-currency-conversion

L___E___T

Isn't that to do with your bank?  I used the alternate conversion recently totally fine.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

famifan

Quote from: L___E___T on July 06, 2016, 08:17:03 am
Isn't that to do with your bank?  I used the alternate conversion recently totally fine.

nope, i guess. my card and the invoice are in the same currency. it's native way for avoiding redundant loss of money due to currency conversion.

on the previous week it worked without any flaws.

Post Merge: July 06, 2016, 10:04:07 am

not sure if it really helped or just totally unrelated. but after i've added one another CC to paypal account, i was able to complete the payment.

???

tonev

Transfer money to you paypal balance that way you do not have to worry about currency conversion.
I am back everyone :)

famifan

Quote from: tonev on July 31, 2016, 05:51:05 pm
Transfer money to you paypal balance that way you do not have to worry about currency conversion.

thanks for the hint. :coin:

i have no idea if this option is officially available in my country. anyway, it sounds like somebody should pay the fee for bank money transfer. i'm not in that favour. :-[

jpx72

Paid on monday, used my bank's currency conversion no problem. But I am from different country so....