April 20, 2024, 08:07:29 am

Pokémongo

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, July 10, 2016, 04:38:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Finally had another day off to run some errands, and, yeah, that's what I did.

Saw lots of people outside. Must be this Pokémon Go game my brother keeps talking about. Anyone on that? Whatever the deal, at least people are going outside more {or at all [I swear, some of these people have never seen the light of day (hopefully they know about UV and sunscreen)]}.

Good on Niantic! ;D

BaconBitsKing

My brother's in town and a huge Pokemon fan, so we drove around looking for places to find Pokemon. We're actually finding a lot of places in town that we didn't know about. I haven't been this invested in a Pokemon game in quite a while.

At least there's something to make people go outside.  :D

Also, I'd like to point out how this game is probably going to permanently overshadow Ingress, even though it has only about 1/4 of its features.

chowder

Quote from: BaconBitsKing on July 10, 2016, 06:47:27 pm
Also, I'd like to point out how this game is probably going to permanently overshadow Ingress, even though it has only about 1/4 of its features.

I'm an Ingress player.  Locally we've seen a huge increase in new recruits, which people are putting down to the "Pokémon-effect".  I'm not quite sure how that works, maybe Ingress was mentioned as being Niantic's other game and they decided to try it out?

Russ-5354

I don't have the game, but a few friends are playing it. I heard of people sitting in the parking lots of stores and even temples and stuff late at night catching Pokémon lol. My brother said that our town's Jewish temple, a church and a few stores started charging people to park in their parking lots for long periods of time or after business hours and stuff because people sit in parking lots all day and night catching Pokémon.

P

Been travelling around in Japan for a while and it seems really popular now. My phone is too old to install it but some friends I came across plays it. They stop at shrines and stuff and catch pokemon there. I should buy a new smart phone so I can see what it's all about.

manuel

I wanna play it, but my smartphone has "ghost touch" issues (erroneous screen touches at the most inconvenient times... causing me to lose incense and lucky eggs...  >:( ).

HummerTeam1001

My phone does that too and a while ago it threw away all of my pokéballs.  >:(