Currently in Thailand, Anyone want anything?

Started by codeblue, July 28, 2016, 04:34:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

codeblue

July 28, 2016, 04:34:44 pm Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:58:16 pm by codeblue
Hi guys i'm currently in thailand right now i'm about 10 minutes away from mega plaza which has a lot of video games and toys i was able to take some pictures some might not be to clear as there was to many people walking i still have plenty of room in my luggage if anyone wants anything specific let me know i'll ask for the price.
I'll be here for 2 more days after that i'm heading back home so let me know before.

Yelir

Thank you for sharing the photos, looks like the place is packed with goodies! I would personally lean towards picking up the Atari King Kong cart, and also see pricing for Akumajou Dracula and Gimmick! on the Famicom (assuming they aren't reproductions which seems common).

Where in Canada are you from? I've always wanted to purchase some bread and baked goods from Thailand (site content might not be for the squeamish!)  :o

codeblue

July 28, 2016, 11:27:39 pm #2 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:39:09 am by codeblue
There's a bunch of real carts and bunch of pirates I'll keep on eye out for thouse.
For the most part if you show some interest it's so easy to talk them down on price seems like they only profit on travelers like me from another region I was able to snag some items for a decent price.
Oh those cakes just wrong dude lol had no idea that existed

Quote from: Yelir on July 28, 2016, 10:06:59 pm
Where in Canada are you from? I've always wanted to purchase some bread and baked goods from Thailand (site content might not be for the squeamish!)  :o

I'm from windsor Ontario

BaconBitsKing

July 29, 2016, 01:55:38 am #3 Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:11:08 am by BaconBitsKing
This is a really nice gesture. Thank you for doing this.

Personally, I like the copy of Rockman 1 in the second-to-last photo and the boxed copy of Dracula X in the photo above it.

L___E___T

What are the prices like, reasonable?  I like the look of that special SMB Game & Watch Disk-Kun set!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Raverrevolution

Awesome pictures!!  That place is like bootleg retro gaming heaven.  I'm jealous.

codeblue

so far i have never paid any price listed on the game itself i always try to make my own offer and it always for the most part works.
but from what I've seen prices for famicom games ranged from 3-20 dollars depending on the game and whether it is boxed of course.

Just let me know what you guys would be willing to pay for the items and i'll try to negotiate as best as i can

NintendoKing

That green Gameboy "Play It Loud" edition is very appealing.

Cheetahmen

Hmm, if you're willing to ship to the UK I might be interested in those copies of Rockman 2, 3 and 6. I'd also go for Megaman X but I'm gonna go on a limb and assume it's a repro copy.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

famifan

August 01, 2016, 04:11:08 am #9 Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:25:58 am by famifan
man, that place is sacred!  :o  :pacman: :redcart: :bomb:

could it be treated as a cheapo alternative to trip to japan for some gaming goodies? ??? :question:

Post Merge: August 01, 2016, 04:25:58 am

that reminds me, that we probably should start official Famicom World Travelling Guide :)

that place could be a candidate of the one of top10 place every famicom fan should have been  :)

nintendodork

Whoa, I see 3500 marked on that Popeye G&W. Were those prices in THB? Also, did you happen to see how much that Disk-Kun Super Mario Bros G&W was? Wish I would have seen this post sooner.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat