NTSC famicom to UK Pal TV

Started by wwp8, August 16, 2016, 02:56:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wwp8

Hi all, newb here,

I have found my NTSC Famicom and disk system, with a collection of games, I am wanting to sell the set but want to know if its working fine obviously.

So i had a quick read here and used the VCR method, the Famicom is working, sound, colour etc, however the quality is quite poor, its not the jailbars I heard of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdLLHsxo4R8

Is this the limitations of the RF connection?
can it be improved with something else? ie NES RF adapter, or using a Coax method?

As I am only wanting to test the system and all the games to sell, I am hoping to keep the famicom as original as possible, so not too keen on modding as well as not comfortable in doing so. I also heard it does not change the compatibility of it being NTSC.

What is the best method of valuing what I have?

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

FAMICOM_87

why not connect direct to TV ?  :question:
your TV should support all standards  :)
I am using coaxial shielded RF cable  and quality is very good  8)

wwp8

I tried that already, and the TV does not work with the famicom that way.

FAMICOM_87

very strange this is a modern TV  i should support NTSC PAL and SECAM - everything

P

It's very uncommon for PAL TVs to support NTSC via the RF-port. Usually it's only via the AV-ports.

FAMICOM_87

Quote from: P on August 19, 2016, 05:21:38 am
It's very uncommon for PAL TVs to support NTSC via the RF-port. Usually it's only via the AV-ports.

hmm very strange , funny thing is that my TV is from 1994 14" Philips (only with RF and AV no SCART) and it supports PAL and NTSC from both