Does Anyone Know How To Fix A Game Axe Color?

Started by okame, August 24, 2016, 09:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

okame

I found a junk Game Axe Color on eBay that, for now, is actually under $100 Canadian, including the shipping. Considering the fact that the cheapest one that works is over $250, I'm tempted. Problem is, I have no idea how to fix what might be wrong with it. Is there anyone out there willing to fix it for me if I got it? I'll pay for parts, labor, and shipping. I need a response soon, as there's less than a day left in the auction, and I need to know if it would be worth it to get the Game Axe fixed. I'm tired of playing 1 player Famicom games, and now that I have the 60 to 72 pin cart adapter, it's even more frustrating. The best part of the Game Axe is that besides a rare hardware clone, it also has a pair of 9 pin controller ports, which means that finding replacement controllers won't be that hard.

jpx72

Don't know if you should buy it, the damage can be anything, the worst will be dead display, and you cannot repair, just replace that. And I cannot imagine a replacement for its display.
Other than that I believe you will find here somebody willing to help you fix it. Don't worry.

HVC-Man

You should just get a real Famicom or one of the various portable 60 pin clones that are available. I highly recommend this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/222231285751

jpx72

I have a similar portable system, but mine cost 30usd incl shipping on aliexpress.

famifan

jpx72,  HVC-Man
guys, any idea does it accept RAM adapter?

HVC-Man

The white portable clone? IIRC the RAM adapter's connector was too short to reach the cartridge slot. It may have worked with the case disassembled though.

jpx72

okame

jpx72

Don't be sad, wasn't a good deal anyway.

Good news, my portable miracle plays FDS no problem, through 60-72 and  72-60 adapters to fit.
Check attachment playing ANN SMB

famifan

Quote from: jpx72 on September 03, 2016, 09:59:52 am
Good news, my portable miracle plays FDS no problem, through 60-72 and  72-60 adapters to fit.
Check attachment playing ANN SMB

*sigh* so direct connection isn't worked, right?

how about big JALECO carts and BANDAI? do they fit well?

jpx72

Nah carts like Madara have really tight fit but you can get them inside. You have to be really carefull not to break the plastic.
FDS is too short to fit, not even disassembled (tried that).