Why is LJN's NES games was not and never released in Japan????? WHAT OR WHY?????

Started by siyah beyaz, August 25, 2016, 02:58:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

siyah beyaz

Hello!

i am bahadir, why is ljn's nes games (excluding terminator 2 and wwf wrestlemania challenge) is not released and never released in japan???? >:( :fire: ??? :star: :octorok: :question:  WHY????????? :question:  :bomb:

Thanks! !
Soccer League Winners Cup - The Babies

L___E___T

I imagine because they sold pretty much on the power of the license alone, which at the time weren't strong enough in Japan to warrant a local release. 

The games aren't exactly good to play either so that would have ruled out transforming them into something more Japanese with a graphic hack (like Shatterhand saw).
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

satoshi_matrix

Cheetahmen

I think LJN wanted to operate in the US and European markets and had no interest in publishing games in Japan where the licences probably wouldn't sell nearly as well. To be fair though, not all of the games were bad. Terminator 2 and WWF Wrestlemania Challenge (the latter of which is actually decent BTW) were released in Japan by Pack-In Video and Hot-B respectively but I think that's it.
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch