Data Recorder Help

Started by aitsu124, September 19, 2016, 02:53:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aitsu124

I recently got a Data Recorder and Family Keyboard, but can't find the right cord. What is the cable with the pink microphone input and black earphone output? Where do I buy it?
Increasing source of obscure Japanese information...and interface.

UglyJoe

3.5mm mono male mini plug to 3.5mm mono male mini plug.

So, both ends are 3.5mm mini plug (like most headphones).  Stereo cables would probably work, but it was designed for mono cables.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Powers-3-5mm-monaural-audio-cable/dp/B017V59Z0W/

aitsu124

And either plug could go in to either socket? Are those two separate cables pictured, one for loading and one for saving?

UglyJoe

It's the same cable for either port.  I use two cables because it's annoying to swap cables behind my computer, but you could use just the one cable and swap it between reads/writes if you wanted to.

aitsu124

Okay, so I've got another weird problem: I can save data (which I know because I listened to it), but not load it. I've tried it from my computer as well, so it's my keyboard if anything. I've tried different volumes, I've got the right cords, but nothing works. It just sits on the loading screen. Any ideas as to what it could be? I was told the keyboard was fully working, but it was not likely tested with the Data Recorder, only Family Basic.

UglyJoe

Do you have any way to control the recording volume?  The first few recordings I made with the keyboard were too faint and I could never get them to work.  I recorded them at a higher volume and was able to get them to work.

aitsu124

Do you mean the volume control on either the DR or computer? I've heard that the DR plays sound quieter than it's recorded. This seems to be true, as I do often have to turn it up after recording to hear it. However, when attempting loading, I make sure I can hear the data section just fine, though to do this I have to turn it up most of the way.