Famicom Bootlegs with Original Artwork

Started by HummerTeam1001, September 25, 2016, 04:45:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

verteks

Series of cartridge labels, which HummerTeam1001 posted is good-looking (compared to bootleg labels standard). There are some more ridiculous artworks, like posted by jpx72. I had one cartridge from this series, Ninja 3 (Ninja Hattori Kun) - photo in attachment. PCB is standard, very small glob-top thing. Sadly, my game is dead - it stopped working around 3 years ago.

HummerTeam1001

September 28, 2016, 08:58:41 am #16 Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:03:54 pm by HummerTeam1001
Quote from: verteks on September 28, 2016, 08:18:20 am
Series of cartridge labels, which HummerTeam1001 posted is good-looking (compared to bootleg labels standard). There are some more ridiculous artworks, like posted by jpx72. I had one cartridge from this series, Ninja 3 (Ninja Hattori Kun) - photo in attachment. PCB is standard, very small glob-top thing. Sadly, my game is dead - it stopped working around 3 years ago.

If you still have it I would like to trade you some stuff for it. Sent you a message

Edit: Did the PCB have any ID numbers written on it?

Post Merge: September 28, 2016, 09:01:50 am

Anyway, so here's a list of the known ones:

-Super Mario Bros.
-Mappy
-Mickey Mouse
-Ninja Hattori Kun
-Tennis?
-Pac-Man
-Adventure Island
-Battle City
-Karateka
-Power Soccer
-Lode Runner 2
-Mario Bros
-Pro Wrestling

I'll edit this post when any more are discovered.

verteks

Oh, I don't remember - I opened it one time, just when game stopped working. I'll try carefully open this cartridge in next few days.

I saw Tennis with this type of label on local auction site - maybe I will find this auction. If yes, I'll post photo in this topic.

HummerTeam1001

September 28, 2016, 05:23:25 pm #18 Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:47:02 pm by HummerTeam1001
Quote from: verteks on September 28, 2016, 11:15:08 am
Oh, I don't remember - I opened it one time, just when game stopped working. I'll try carefully open this cartridge in next few days.

I saw Tennis with this type of label on local auction site - maybe I will find this auction. If yes, I'll post photo in this topic.

Ah cool. :) Hope you find it.

Please when you open it take pictures of the PCB whether or not it has an ID number, so we could use it for reference (and not have to open it again). It would probably be similar to the Mario, Mappy, and Tennis PCBs because they are all mapper zero and were (presumably) made by the same company.

verteks

I opened it today, scans in attachment. If anyone need better image quality, I can send 1200 DPI scans.

HummerTeam1001

Quote from: verteks on October 12, 2016, 06:21:09 am
I opened it today, scans in attachment. If anyone need better image quality, I can send 1200 DPI scans.

Cool!  :)

The ID numbers are:

VT-01YH
VTLB19
VT-01YH
VT-01YV

NT / Ka Sheng published some carts with VT ID numbers, so maybe it's them?

Plus there's that logo, which either says "TC" or "TL".

By the way, the upper part of those pins look dirty. Maybe you could get the game to work if you cleaned them more?

MasterDisk

Those TL boards seem to come from a (mainland) chinese manufacturer that worked with multiple distributors such as Hosenkan, some multicarts maker and others. They were pretty big, quite a lot of generic pirates were manufactured from them in Russia

Looks too old to be from Ka Sheng imo (and I think there were 2 distributors using VTxxxx at some point but I'm not too sure on that).

MasterDisk

HummerTeam1001

LOL

-a ghost is purple
-the pac dots are red
-pacman's red
-there are four fruit
-the maze isn't shaped right

MasterDisk

October 24, 2016, 12:18:38 pm #24 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:02:16 pm by MasterDisk
And just saw that one somewhere else!

Plus that one on SomeRussianMarioDude's blog:

MasterDisk

verteks

Exactly like the one, which I spotted yesterday on auction site. Do you think guys, that labels with purple background is the same "series" as other cartridges posted in this topic? Or maybe someone other opened cartridges with non-purple background?

P