Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer

Started by Great Hierophant, September 29, 2016, 08:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chowder

Are you guys looking at other pictures?  The ones on the eBay listing make the case look pretty rough...

You can see the glue around the port.

NintendoKing

Those are early prototype versions he made (he already sold those two); he's still working on them. Mine is not pictured and I had it custom worked.

L___E___T

The more I think about it, I think I will just make my own RetroPi arcade cabinet or something similar like that. 
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

January 31, 2017, 04:40:29 am #78 Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:18:33 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
I actually plan to buy a USB arcade controls board because I have interest in atleast simulating the arcade experience.

As you can now see mine is of a much higher quality then earlier versions.

BonBon

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on January 31, 2017, 04:40:29 am
I actually plan to buy a USB arcade controls board because I have interest in atleast simulating the arcade experience.

Is there only one controller port?

Jedi Master Baiter

Has anyone tried out any third party gamepads that feel like the original? I missed the boat on the official ones, and I don't want to pay $40+ to scalpers.

I  don't have a mini, I just want a controller to play Mega Man 9/10 on.

NintendoKing

Quote from: Jay-ray on February 01, 2017, 12:21:04 am
Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on January 31, 2017, 04:40:29 am

Is there only one controller port?

Actually, the finished product looks like this. :)

Jedi Master Baiter

I bought the Yok NES controller.

It feels just like an NES controller minus the concave buttons. My only problem with it is that for some reason it's not working with Legend of Zelda on the Virtual Console. :( It worked with Sonic the Hedgehog for Master System, so it does work on at least one Virtual Console game. ???

By the way, the Wii Classic Controller works just fine on Zelda, as well as another third party Mini controller that I ended up not keeping because I didn't like the button layout.

NintendoKing

Well I finally got an actual NES Classic Mini for $95, by watching closely for a decent deal.

UglyJoe

L___E___T

Yikes, I'd better find a US one pretty sharpish then!  Damn it, why wouldn't they just keep making them, do you think it's the hacks?
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

NintendoKing

They are going to have a price jump up for sure now that they are discontinued. I have personally hacked mine to play my favorite FDS games, favorite Famicom games and most of the NES games excluding kids games, lightgun games and sports games.  But many people have added SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, and all sorts of Gameboy games. I use Wii Classic Controller Pros, original NES classic controllers and the awesome Orzly RetroPads (as they are cheaper price then official NES Classic controllers but work well). I also have 2, 10ft controller cord extenders.

I was so impressed that I sold my Raspberry Pi 3 NES classic clone. NES Classic Edition was definitely discontinued once Nintendo saw just how easy it was for people to hack it into the best emulation station.

P

Well all consoles are eventually hacked so far, I think they just want to focus more on 3DS and Switch.

NintendoKing

As per my expectations NES Classic Edition is once again selling for around $300 on eBay, so I am glad I found one for slightly under $100 before they were officially discontinued.

L___E___T

I was hoping to get a brand new US version to keep for the collection, but I'll leave it now. 

Thankfully, Manuel has kindly gotten two Famicom versions for me, so I can keep one and mod the other maybe.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。