Sounds not working on Famicom

Started by neptune_41, October 07, 2016, 12:57:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

neptune_41

I have recently purchased a Nintendo Famicom (HVC-002) on eBay, that can connect to LED or LCD (the one that has analog channel). I have done my research and tried to solve my console's sound issue with the suggestions from this website but none has worked. I tried fine tuning in both Channel 1 and 2, and opening up the console and adjusting the audio frequency by rotating it in the tiny hole in the RF modulator. I live in Australia so therefore my TV is PAL, and the brand is Medion.

At first, I changed the channel to channel 95 (95.75MHz) and it work just fine, no lines or grainy picture, full color except for the sound. it has no sound from the TV/Famicom as well as the second controller (turned the volume from midway to high up volume).

I do not want to mod as I do no want to break it nor am I a computer technician. I am not familiar with this whole frequency thing or something to do with the motherboard. As I said, I'm not a computer technician or "electrical geek", I am just a simple retro gamer and collector.
  NEED HELP! :/

Pikkon

Have you tried hooking up the famicom to a vcr then to your tv.