WTB Gimmick

Started by JB, October 19, 2016, 09:46:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase Gimmick for famicom, preferably CIB but will also buy loose cartridge.  If you are willing to sell, please send me a PM.  I am willing to pay top dollar.

Thanks

Nightstar699

Or a bootleg/counterfeit, to be more blunt. I flagged the listing, but I doubt any action will be taken, unfortunately.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Great Hierophant

What makes you conclude it is a repro/bootleg/counterfeit?  The sole picture seems to show the proper cartridge shell and label.  Has the photo been taken from somewhere else?
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Yelir

Quote from: Great Hierophant on November 06, 2016, 12:19:44 am
What makes you conclude it is a repro/bootleg/counterfeit?  The sole picture seems to show the proper cartridge shell and label.  Has the photo been taken from somewhere else?

3 things stick out in my mind...

- You can see paper flaking on the label from a poor cut and the corners aren't consistent.

- The label shade/color of blue is totally wrong.

- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! (It's listed on a no-name site, for like half the value of a loose cart depending on which sites you analyze sales from.)

Great Hierophant

Quote from: Yelir on November 06, 2016, 09:29:58 am
Quote from: Great Hierophant on November 06, 2016, 12:19:44 am

3 things stick out in my mind...

- You can see paper flaking on the label from a poor cut and the corners aren't consistent.

- The label shade/color of blue is totally wrong.

- If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! (It's listed on a no-name site, for like half the value of a loose cart depending on which sites you analyze sales from.)

The only photo I can see on that page is somewhat low res, so I can't really weigh 1 & 2.  But 3 is the most telling, it isn't worth the risk.
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Nightstar699

Make no mistake, the single low-res photo was very much an intentional choice from this thieving jerk-off. Anyone looking to sell a genuine copy of Gimmick! would take the issue of authenticity into account, and provide detailed pictures. Plus, they wouldn't go about doing so in a shady anonymous fashion like this.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Yelir

Have you got any leads on a purchase?

Did anyone follow the auction that ended about a week ago? There was a roughed up cart on the 'bay that ended around $208 USD, I assume the top of the tabs are mangled as someone checked the PCB after they purchased?

Good luck in your search!  :bub: