Multicarts that work on some consoles but not others (Famiclones)

Started by niabi, October 19, 2016, 02:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niabi

I a long time reader, but this is my first time posting. Sorry if this has been answered before (I did a search, no results).

I collect Famiclone consoles, old, new whatever, I just find them fun and wacky, mostly cheap and I enjoy cleaning them and sometimes fixing them. But anyways onto the question.

I have a few multi-carts that seem to work on some Famiclones, but they just show a black screen on others. I have around 7 different Famiclones, those carts work on 1 or 2 of them, I am wondering if there is something in the cart that is different from a "regular" cart or someone has ran into this problem before, I have tested and cleaned all of the famiclones and they work with most carts every time so I am sure its not the contacts or the game, also these carts do not work on original NES hardware with a 72pin converter.

I have read that some multi-carts show scrambled graphics because one of the pins is incorrect, but in my case the carts only show a black screen, so not sure if this could be the same problem.

tonev

Look if the consoles that can run the multi carts are noacs or hardware clones with ppu and cpu. That might answer your question  .
I am back everyone :)

niabi

Forgot to mention that all of them are NOAC, I do have some with "real" CPU and PPU but they don't work on them either.

HummerTeam1001

Some multicarts only run on certain kinds of famiclones. The publishers probably only had a clone machine to test it on, and it only worked on that kind of clone.

famifan

incompatible carts could be the ones is for one-bus famiclone. these carts ain't backward compatible with regular famiclones or famicoms.

HummerTeam1001

I have a 3-in-1 multicast that will only run on certain NOAC famiclones, and some of the NOAC famiclones I tested it on weren't OneBus.

niabi

Thanks for the answers, I figured that maybe some where newer than others, or were just poorly made. but maybe there was a way to make them work on all of the consoles.
I do have several Famiclones, but one of my favorites (which I can honestly say looks better than the NES on composite and sounds just about the same) does not read those carts :(