I did it guys. I got rid of my entire famicom collection.

Started by MaxXimus, October 27, 2016, 10:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

It's been a long time since I even looked at the collection. I didn't have any famicoms or adapters to play the games either. It feels like a turning point in my life haha. I have been trying to downsize lately and focus on other things.

Ok I lied. I didn't get rid of every cartridge I had. I still have a 66 in one and a hacked version of super Mario bros 3 with item select. I still have my super famicom, which tbh I prefer, which is beside the point. The point I am trying to make is that I still am on the famicom bandwagon lol, just a slightly less retro version. :p

Thoughts?

L___E___T

I have thought about this, but I just wasn't able to do it, not for Famicom at least.  I will have to sell some big parts of my general collection pretty soon though, and I don't know where to start.

Lots of questions, but hope you are feeling a bit lighter with the extra space and that the money's gone to good use.

And I hope the family is well and things are generally good for you!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MaxXimus

It def feels less cluttered for sure. It wasn't too much stuff. About 50 cartridges and some systems and controls and such, but it's still nice to have the clutter gone. I'm happy I kept those couple cartridges though. Memories. :)

Things are alright with the family. Just the regular battles of life and such.

P

I try to keep my collection small enough to avoid clutter, but it's hard since I don't have too much space to begin with.

Protoman

If you wanted to do it and is fine with it, good for you man. The money will be nice to get at least.

Someone mentioned family? That's honestly for me one of the fears of starting a family, besides the obvious problem of me not
even having a girlfriend so its impossible, is that once a child comes even into the discussion, I will likely get guilted into selling my
games. And I of course too see the logic behind it, it's a no-brainer. But still, I wouldn't feel good about it.
At the very least, thank 'god' for emulators and usb controller adapters!

MaxXimus

I still have plenty of games haha, just not famicom anymore. I will miss them but it's for the best.

I still have

Nes
Super famicom
Jn64
6 gamecubes
2 game gears
Gameboy and advance
PlayStation
Ps2(needs fixing)
PS3
PS4
Xbox
2 Xbox 360's
Wiiu(needs fixing, under warranty)

And some other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting about.
No shortage of games here haha.

Elrinth

Famicom is my biggest collection and I'm not quite ready yet to get rid of it  :'(
I'd rather sell away my ps3, gamecube, wii collection tbh.

BonBon

Quote from: Protoman on October 28, 2016, 04:25:49 am
If you wanted to do it and is fine with it, good for you man. The money will be nice to get at least.

Someone mentioned family? That's honestly for me one of the fears of starting a family, besides the obvious problem of me not
even having a girlfriend so its impossible, is that once a child comes even into the discussion, I will likely get guilted into selling my
games. And I of course too see the logic behind it, it's a no-brainer. But still, I wouldn't feel good about it.
At the very least, thank 'god' for emulators and usb controller adapters!
Come on man...Sounds like you're grasping for a reason to sell your collection. Dude your not even dating and your talking about kids. Geeez. For the recored I have a great girl that would never ask me to give up my collection. We never plan on having kids but man the way you sound it makes it out to be like ;have kids must sell collection; dude if you plan on having a kid it doesn't mean you have to sell all your shit. BTW love you OZ Vids.

shoggoth80

I'm sitting here thinking "Is this some kind of joke post?"

If you weren't playing them, hopefully they go on to homes that appreciate them.
Starting a family doesn't equate to the elimination of one's collection. Hobbies are what you do to inject silly little bits of fun.
Sure, adult responsibilities take precedence... that is why I game a hell of a lot less than I used to. Lol.

The only time I let a bunch of stuff go from my collection, was when I was haaaard up for cash, and had to move ASAP. Even at that, I regretted the decisions later, and I have not rebuilt all that I had lost, several years later.

famifan

it really doesn't matter how big your collections is.

as long as you're still among us, you're one of us.. famicom lovers  :-[ enjoy your stay here as well!