Aftermarked GBC or GBA SP screens?

Started by 8bitRocket, October 29, 2016, 02:08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

8bitRocket

Does anyone know where i can buy a replacement screen for gbc or gba sp?  ( one ebay seller tricked me and i bout a gba screen instead of an sp one )  The others i find cost more than if i buy a used working console :D

tonev

I have also looked for such screens but no luck :D it's not worth paying 40$ for a ags 001 screen when you can get a whole sp for around 30$ :D
I am back everyone :)

P

Yeah and the SP is better than the original GBA anyway. It's more Gameboy-shaped, no need to butcher it.

My understanding is that generally for any portable system, when a screen goes it's usually cheaper to by a new system than try to get a replacement screen. But who knows how long that will stay true for old portable consoles.

8bitRocket

You can easily find screens for around 10$ for nintendo ds / 3ds or the original gba but for other consoles it is so hard : /

P

Yeah they still have spare parts for newer systems I guess.

8bitRocket

So i should hope for finding a broken GBC with working screen and bad motherboard :D

L___E___T

Someone is creating a backlit GBC screen if that is something you wanted to hold out for.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Oh that sounds good! The GBC isn't in the need for a backlit screen as much as the GBA is, but it won't hurt it unless it drains the batteries. And reproduced replacement parts is a good thing.

With modern low-discharge-rechargeble batteries of high quality it might not be such a big problem I guess.