FS: My entire collection

Started by fcgamer, November 08, 2016, 09:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fcgamer

Still want to do the book guys!  With my computer getting jacked (potentially, trying the rice thing...) it makes it harder to make it through, but I still want to do that.  :)
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

nerdynebraskan

November 11, 2016, 07:22:31 pm #16 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:06:46 pm by nerdynebraskan
I'm very conflicted to hear about all of this. You've gone to such lengths to build this collection. I honestly hope you don't make a decision you'd regret.

On the other hand... I would definitely be interested in some of your stuff. I'll have to stay tuned, no matter how busy I am...
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

m0therbrain

November 12, 2016, 02:14:14 pm #17 Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:04:59 pm by m0therbrain
i just got into collecting a few famicom games here and there--you're one of the first people i've bought from.  i've had some life-changing events in my life that have certainly given me new perspective.  take plenty of time to reflect before making a decision you might regret.  if you do decide to sell, i'll be interested  :)

fcgamer

Well, looks like I will be selling!  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, so many new changes in my life.  Here are some pics of everything I have for sale:

I'm just not feeling things anymore, regarding collecting these games, and it has been about three weeks later.

You guys can see the mess I have to sort through...

I will still keep some of my favorite pieces (some of the rares, some of the Chinese originals, etc) but I will trim out a lot of the fat I guess.

I hope to put the money towards language study and also towards grad school, towards bettering my life.

Any outstanding transactions, I still will carry them to fruition.  I am not selling everything, just a lot of crappy mahjong games, etc, and refocusing priorities.

I will not take PM requests.  You guys can see the mess, I feel overwhelmed at the notion of selling (though deep down I know now is the right time), and also just the vastness makes this difficult.  I'll probably try to make weekly threads about the stuff for sale.

I hope to sell everything before summer next year, which is when I hope to plan my move...

Post Merge: December 01, 2016, 06:01:36 am

Also, I still want to write that damned book I had been planning.  I'll probably write about the games and then post them in the weekly threads after I am finished.

@Hubz:  I owe you ROM dumps, don't worry, I will get them to you before those items are sold.

Hubz

God your pictures make me want to scan ALL THE THINGS :) But i understand, honestly trying to scan and preserve a lot of this stuff makes me question it a lot too with how much of my free time it has consumed. I do not blame you! You need to do what is best for you.

LordRayken

As someone new to the hobby, forgive me, but, is this how you've always collected?

I would never be able to collect things if I was unable to take care of them and display them in all their glory in my home. This reminds me a little bit of a hoarder, especially with the emotional attachments/overwhelming emotions you are talking about  :'(  Have you considered therapy at all?

I am looking for a few games as I just got into the Famicom if you really are serious.

fcgamer

Quote from: LordRayken on December 01, 2016, 07:11:06 pm
As someone new to the hobby, forgive me, but, is this how you've always collected?

I would never be able to collect things if I was unable to take care of them and display them in all their glory in my home. This reminds me a little bit of a hoarder, especially with the emotional attachments/overwhelming emotions you are talking about  :'(  Have you considered therapy at all?

I am looking for a few games as I just got into the Famicom if you really are serious.

Hahahaha, heavens no.  You can search on the forums here and at Nintendo Age and can see some old pictures of my stuff displayed properly.  But I decided to take the stuff out of the glass cases and see how I felt about it not being there, to help me make my decision on selling or not...

fcgamer

Quote from: crazyjesse on December 01, 2016, 09:11:51 pm
Well count me in for grabbing stuff! How much do you think it's all worth? If there's a bunch of really cheap legit games I'll buy 'em in bulk.

Yeah, I definitely have some of those...

I just need to get into a routine.  I still plan to write the book, and then I plan to sell items as I finish those sections.  Stay tuned guys, I'll try to start a thread this weekend or next week, time pending.